Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Wiring 3 JL audio 12w6v2s

Post all your general car audio questions here.
Greatwhtbuffalo
Junior Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Mostly where ever the next job is but call 3 places home Wis- Tx - Mo

Wiring 3 JL audio 12w6v2s

Post by Greatwhtbuffalo »

I'm using 2 PDX M-12 amps. 1 amp runs 2 subs other amp runs a single. The 2 subs running of 1 amp only have 1 wire jumping from side to side. They were that way when I paid to have my first box built since ive made bigger sub box and I have hooked the single sub up the same as the other 2 are with one wire good ?? Bad?? Come on guys ?? A little help here ??? I know ? I asked is stupid to most but I got other skills
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Greatwhtbuffalo
Junior Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Mostly where ever the next job is but call 3 places home Wis- Tx - Mo

Post by Greatwhtbuffalo »

Running 2 subs of 1 amp and other sub on separate box built with 3 separate chambers. Wire them up in parallel or series??? Any advice
Greatwhtbuffalo
Junior Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Mostly where ever the next job is but call 3 places home Wis- Tx - Mo

Post by Greatwhtbuffalo »

No 2 amps 3- subs
Greatwhtbuffalo
Junior Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Mostly where ever the next job is but call 3 places home Wis- Tx - Mo

Post by Greatwhtbuffalo »

So you saying get a third amp and run them as if they were single ?? Basically they are beings there in separate chambers correct except 2 are running of 1 amp
Greatwhtbuffalo
Junior Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Mostly where ever the next job is but call 3 places home Wis- Tx - Mo

Post by Greatwhtbuffalo »

Ok thanks for your input
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Two subs one amp.

Then one sub one amp.

The picture will show you in detail the two ways you can wire the subs together and at what Ohm it will present the amp.

With two dual 4 Ohm subs you will either show the amp 1 Ohm or 4 Ohm. With the single sub it will be 2 Ohm or 8 Ohm.

The single sub will need to be in its own separate box.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Greatwhtbuffalo
Junior Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Mostly where ever the next job is but call 3 places home Wis- Tx - Mo

Post by Greatwhtbuffalo »

Ok so I'm gonna wire the 2 subs at 4 ohm. Now I custom built 1 sub box with 3 separate chambers. Separate so it's like having 3 singles all in a row sitting next to each other but they are inone you follow. The two chambers were built at 1.25 cu ft I made the 3 chamber 1.38 cu ft air space I will wire it 2 ohm. It should rock
Greatwhtbuffalo
Junior Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Mostly where ever the next job is but call 3 places home Wis- Tx - Mo

Post by Greatwhtbuffalo »

Thanks Ryan for the clarification on wiring up power one other ? Im using DQL.8 with this I'm gonna run main Signal to the amp running the 2 subs it has a pre out use RCAs to give 2nd sub signal they should hit on time???
Greatwhtbuffalo
Junior Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Mostly where ever the next job is but call 3 places home Wis- Tx - Mo

Post by Greatwhtbuffalo »

Don't get me wrong ideally I would have 4 subs all day versus 3 but no room I'm squeezing the 3 into 2011 mega cab with 6 - 6.5 components and 6- 6x9s all run of PDX amps
Just finished up pods in dash last night for 6.5s. Wrapping dash today in brown bomber jacket type leather
Post Reply