Page 1 of 1

Powerhorns

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:59 pm
by latoya0511
How do you feel about powerhorns? I thought about installing them at one point. I always hear everybody say go get them at radioshack for about $25 a piece.Do you think its worth it? Should i just get a regular audio setup.

Re: Powerhorns

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:42 pm
by Chris from Washington
Horns were really big back in the mid/late 90's but they quickly started to fad after that.
I don't really follow comps anymore, but I don't think most anyone uses them in a car for daily driving anymore. They just take up so much room

Plus anything from Radio Shack is going to be low quality, so I wouldn't even waste $25 on it.

Re: Powerhorns

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:06 pm
by wulfman
dude unless you are in a crowded city and wanna scare people silly like where im at i dont think there is a need for one. its just annoying . unless they have ones where you can tune the volume and use when necessary. then go for it

Re: Powerhorns

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:57 pm
by latoya0511
Im not talking about powerhorns that you use on your car for a horn. Where i stay they put them in the grill of the car and run the stereo through it.
[video=youtube;m5w8eToCZtI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5w8eToCZtI[/video]

Re: Powerhorns

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:09 pm
by wulfman
latoya0511 wrote:Im not talking about powerhorns that you use on your car for a horn. Where i stay they put them in the grill of the car and run the stereo through it.
[video=youtube;m5w8eToCZtI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5w8eToCZtI[/video]

ah ok i didnt even know you can do that. do you hve an amp ?

Re: Powerhorns

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:10 pm
by Chris from Washington
That's actually different than what I was thinking, or maybe it's the same.
Just never seen anything mounted in the grill before.

I wonder if that would last very long exposed to the elements.

Re: Powerhorns

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:17 pm
by wulfman
[video=youtube_share;et6DsrHsc3E]http://youtu.be/et6DsrHsc3E[/video]

i guess its pretty cool but i dont think people care much when you pass em by . and just gets you warnings from the POOLEASE

Re: Powerhorns

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:39 pm
by latoya0511
wulfman wrote:[video=youtube_share;et6DsrHsc3E]http://youtu.be/et6DsrHsc3E[/video]

i guess its pretty cool but i dont think people care much when you pass em by . and just gets you warnings from the POOLEASE
Yea that is the problem the police can mess wit you. I mean its very popular around here