Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Wiring Help
Wiring Help
Hi all, I'm trying to add an equaliser and amp to my factory head unit but the parking sensors use the speakers to indicate the location of an object. If I use a y connector to get all 4 channels to 2 for the equaliser, when it splits will I still have control of all channels from the HU?
- Chris from Washington
- Posts: 4671
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Washington
- Contact:
Re: Wiring Help
Hi Welcome to the forum, could you explain this a little more.
What type of car, and what model equipment are you trying to install?
hopefully we'll be able to answer your question with that info
What type of car, and what model equipment are you trying to install?
hopefully we'll be able to answer your question with that info
Wiring Help
It's a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso (2014)
I am installing a Soundstream BX-4EQ equalizer with a Vibe SlickS4-V2 4 channel amp.
I want to be able to have full control of all speakers through the head unit so wondering if that would be possible if I were to use a y connector to link front (l+r) and rear (l+r) channels to make two channels to go into the equalizer. If so would it then split correctly when it goes out to the amplifier?
I am installing a Soundstream BX-4EQ equalizer with a Vibe SlickS4-V2 4 channel amp.
I want to be able to have full control of all speakers through the head unit so wondering if that would be possible if I were to use a y connector to link front (l+r) and rear (l+r) channels to make two channels to go into the equalizer. If so would it then split correctly when it goes out to the amplifier?
- Chris from Washington
- Posts: 4671
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Washington
- Contact:
Re: Wiring Help
OK,
Since you have the factory head unit, and a 4 channel amp.
I think what you want is one of these.
This will convert your hi level speaker wires into 4 channel RCAs. then those would plug into your EQ. Then from there, you go from the output of the EQ to the inputs of the amp.
I think that's what you're trying to accomplish correct?
Since you have the factory head unit, and a 4 channel amp.
I think what you want is one of these.
This will convert your hi level speaker wires into 4 channel RCAs. then those would plug into your EQ. Then from there, you go from the output of the EQ to the inputs of the amp.
I think that's what you're trying to accomplish correct?
Re: Wiring Help
Yes it is but with that there is four channels to go into two at the equalizer. So if I use a 'y' connector to create to channels will I be able to still get my four channels in the end and still controlled by the HU
- Chris from Washington
- Posts: 4671
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Washington
- Contact:
Re: Wiring Help
just looked at that EQ more closely, I thought it had 4 inputs. but it only has 2.Spydrc wrote:Yes it is but with that there is four channels to go into two at the equalizer. So if I use a 'y' connector to create to channels will I be able to still get my four channels in the end and still controlled by the HU
So you will take 2 channels from you head unit and hook them to the main input. then the EQ does all you fading etc.
Soundstream BX-4EQ Owner's Manual (Page 5 of 7)
Re: Wiring Help
Ok will give it a try today and let you know how I get on with it.