Page 1 of 1

Hello Folks

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:46 am
by Truthunter
My name is Ryan. I was introduced to this forum by OnYrMrk (Joe) over on fb. I am also on DIYMA & CAJ under the same username. I really prefer the forum format compared to fb groups. I wish all car audio enthusiasts would embrace the forums more.

I've been into car audio since my first vehicle in 1992 when I was 16. My uncle helped me install my first aftermarket radio and speakers back then. I remember collecting and reading all the magazines and product brochures but never had the money to get past the few deck & 4 systems I had.

It was 1996 when I was introduced to a true SQ vehicle... a Mr. Chijner gave me a demo in his red Eldorado in the parking lot of a local shop I lived near at the time. Since then, I've always been interested in building an SQ system in my vehicle but again was always short money or other hobbies came along through the years that took up my interest and time.

In 2015 I bought a new vehicle and I realized I had the time & funds to finally build the system I wanted. So here a little overview of my 2015 Toyota Camry system. Other than the fg'd dash mounts, all the work & tuning was DIY'd by me in my garage.

Headunit: Alpine X008U - this was custom mounted in a Metra dash kit that was modified to accept the 8" screen.
Front: Morel Virtus MT120 in the sail panels, Morel Virtus MW4 mids mounted at a slight angle in the factory dash locatiions, and JL ZR800 midbass in the doors.
Sub: Acoustic Elegance IB15AU-8 trunk baffle (IB) mounted
Amps: Two Arc Audio 4150xxk
DSP: MiniDSP C-DSP 8x12 V2


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Hello Folks

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:32 am
by Chris from Washington
@Truthunter welcome to the forums
I hear ya about forums over FB feeds.

Joe has been a member since the start here, nice to see some of his SQ friends join!
your car looks great, very nice and clean and nice equipment too!

Re: Hello Folks

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:37 pm
by Truthunter
Chris from Washington wrote:@Truthunter welcome to the forums
I hear ya about forums over FB feeds.
Joe has been a member since the start here, nice to see some of his SQ friends join!
your car looks great, very nice and clean and nice equipment too!
Thanks for the Welcome and the encouraging comments on my system Chris. To be honest, I don't really know Joe... just that he posted an invite over on a fb group I sometimes pay attention too. :o
I see I forgot to post some photos of the Sub:
Image
Image

Re: Hello Folks

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:57 pm
by Chris from Washington
Looks great!
Be sure to post some pics in the garage feature of the forum, let's get some new pics that randomly appear on the forum home page :)