Head unit restarts when touched

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
soulcain

Head unit restarts when touched

Post by soulcain »

I have an Alpine CDA-9813. Anytime I touch the faceplate (to change stations, adjust settings, et), the head unit restarts like I just turned the car on, replaced the faceplate after its been removed or pressed the power button on the remote. I’ve checked and cleaned the connection pin with alcohol. I’ve made sure the faceplate was on correctly and completely. I’m at a loss. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chris from Washington

Re: Head unit restarts when touched

Post by Chris from Washington »

soulcain wrote:I have an Alpine CDA-9813. Anytime I touch the faceplate (to change stations, adjust settings, et), the head unit restarts like I just turned the car on, replaced the faceplate after its been removed or pressed the power button on the remote. I’ve checked and cleaned the connection pin with alcohol. I’ve made sure the faceplate was on correctly and completely. I’m at a loss. Any ideas? Thanks.

I've had decks that do this, and it's most likely a bad solder connection or cracked circuit within the face plate.
What I bet is happening is when you press a button, it's putting pressure on the bad joint causing it to lose it's continuity in the circuit, causing it to shut off.

That's just my guess though.
soulcain

Re: Head unit restarts when touched

Post by soulcain »

I thought about that but it will do it if you touch ANYWHERE on the faceplate. I’m baffled at this point.