Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Help again

All questions related to amplifier installation and troubleshooting.
guidrozb1996

Help again

Post by guidrozb1996 »

Would my amp be too small, my wires, or some other problem if everytime I turn my radio to a certain volume it sends my amp into protection mode until I turn it down again. I have a 2400 watt kicker amp with 2 1200 watt rms massive 12" subs the power and ground wires are 4ga and the speaker wires are 10ga. Also if the box is too small would it do It too?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Chris from Washington

Re: Help again

Post by Chris from Washington »

guidrozb1996 wrote:Would my amp be too small, my wires, or some other problem if everytime I turn my radio to a certain volume it sends my amp into protection mode until I turn it down again. I have a 2400 watt kicker amp with 2 1200 watt rms massive 12" subs the power and ground wires are 4ga and the speaker wires are 10ga. Also if the box is too small would it do It too?

Hi Welcome to the forum.
Let's see if we can figure out the issue. Could you let us know the model number of the amp, and also the subs you have?
Also how do you have them wired?

Where is your gain setting on the amp set too?

Last question, where is your amp grounded?
guidrozb1996

Post by guidrozb1996 »

Chris from Washington wrote:Hi Welcome to the forum.
Let's see if we can figure out the issue. Could you let us know the model number of the amp, and also the subs you have?
Also how do you have them wired?

Where is your gain setting on the amp set too?

Last question, where is your amp grounded?
It's not a sub/amp issue it's been there before I got the subs so its deffinately a radio issue

guidrozb1996

Post by guidrozb1996 »

guidrozb1996 wrote:It's not a sub/amp issue it's been there before I got the subs so its deffinately a radio issue

I'm sorry wrong post. Give me a second to find it

guidrozb1996

Post by guidrozb1996 »

guidrozb1996 wrote:I'm sorry wrong post. Give me a second to find it

Amp is a kicker c1200.1 and I couldnt find the sub model from google I'm at work right now and the subs are in my suv at the office. Wires are ran from the battery to the amp ground is to a bolt under my seat with metal on both sides and the remote is ran from my deck to the amp along with my rca cables power wire is ran through my firewall on the drivers side and the rca abd remote wires ran through my passenger side

guidrozb1996

Post by guidrozb1996 »

guidrozb1996 wrote:It's not a sub/amp issue it's been there before I got the subs so its deffinately a radio issue

Gain is set to half wayish

Chris from Washington

Post by Chris from Washington »

guidrozb1996 wrote:Amp is a kicker c1200.1 and I couldnt find the sub model from google I'm at work right now and the subs are in my suv at the office. Wires are ran from the battery to the amp ground is to a bolt under my seat with metal on both sides and the remote is ran from my deck to the amp along with my rca cables power wire is ran through my firewall on the drivers side and the rca abd remote wires ran through my passenger side

OK, so I would try and find out the model of the subs. Need to know what the impedance of the subs are.
I want to make sure you don't have them wired in a way, that would cause issues with the amp. The amp is able to go down to a 2 ohm load.

Once we find out everything is OK with the wiring of the subs, I would next try turning down the gain.

But first let's figure out the subs and how they are wired.
OnYrMrk

Post by OnYrMrk »

That Kicker amp is only stable to 20hms mono. You are running two 12" Massive subs. As Chris stated, you might want to check the impedance rating of your subs. If you have them wired to give that amp a 1ohm load or lower, this is your problem. Any other configuration on the subs would be fine.
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
guidrozb1996

Post by guidrozb1996 »

That is where my knowledge stops I just know how to run the wires and set the amp idk about ohms and load and stuff

guidrozb1996

Post by guidrozb1996 »

Model for the subs are cw 12 stg2 and amp is kicker c 1200.1ImageImageImageImage