Page 1 of 1

My Project Truck

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:06 pm
by MobileAudio219
I posted a while back that I had bought a s-10, just now got some pics...

Project Truck
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/693969

what are your opinions?

So far I've replaced...
Sway arm bushings/bolts...
Front brakes shoes
air filter
Spark plugs
fuel filter
Fuel Pump "and in tank wiring harnass"

Still need to buy/install
Carrier bearing
Windshield wipers

Paid 400 for the truck, put about 100 into it already... Now I just need to find the time to do some cosmetic work...

Carrier bearing and windshield wipers and she should be inspection worthy.

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:07 pm
by nist7
I think that's also a 4WD right?

It looks a bit neglected. How's the mechanics? knocking engine or slipping tranny? the car may be beat up but is a great opportunity for much learning experience. should be a fairly enjoyable and time-consuming weekend project job!

keep us up to date once in a while.

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:29 pm
by MobileAudio219
nist7 wrote:I think that's also a 4WD right?

It looks a bit neglected. How's the mechanics? knocking engine or slipping tranny? the car may be beat up but is a great opportunity for much learning experience. should be a fairly enjoyable and time-consuming weekend project job!

keep us up to date once in a while.
It's a 2wd.

It has sat for about a year, notice the tree sap? The engine has been rebuilt not to long ago, it slightly built up "preformance wise" and the tranny shifts fine. The truck runs perfect. It does need some cosmetic work, but I have access to about 20 parts truck, the parts are free. I would rather customize an older vehicle then drive a new stock one. I'll have less in this truck "purchase price and cost of repairs" then most people send on their MONTHLY car payment.

Give me until the end of summer, you won't recognize... :thumbsup

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:54 pm
by William from NOLA
That's awesome. That's a fantastic deal too. A friend of mine once bought an '88 Honda Prelude for $75. It ran just dandy, until he never patched the hole in the radiator...

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:41 pm
by MobileAudio219
I like the older rangers and s-10's better then the newer ones... I wish it was a syclone rather then a s-10, but whatever.