Page 1 of 2

New Tires

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:31 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Well I bought some. Total shipped was a tad over $280

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... s&place=12

Got a $75 gift certificate to Crutchfield also :p

Opinions?

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:18 am
by GlassWolf
looks decent. the gift cert should drop their prices to about normal, too!

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:20 am
by smoker
55 each seems prettty damn good to me....

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:47 am
by Ryan from Ohio
Thats what I was thinking. The two fronts I got were $45 each and a little for disposal or so.

Cost me $110 for two fronts with a 30K mile warranty. Well 15K later they are JUNK.

So what the hey...

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:15 am
by GlassWolf
I meant crutchfield's prices.

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:32 am
by Ryan from Ohio
lol, true.

Just going to buy the GF a cd/mp3 player with it and a bit of cashola

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:14 am
by Mercedesbends69
I have the Yok YK420's for my rear tires. Got them from Discount Tire for $120 a piece plus $15 for the "warranty".

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:52 am
by Ryan from Ohio
They came in yesterday... whoa that was quick...

One reviewer says they are a heavy tire. Not sure what tires are supposed to weigh, but I can see/understand these to be the 25 Lbs+ as tire rack has them listed. They are heavy...

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:29 pm
by GlassWolf
won't matter a lot for a family car, but for sportcars, you want less rotating mass.. the heavier the rim and tire, the harder it is to stop the car at speed.
affects handling and braking both.

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:15 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Well what can I say about the tires that were on there before?

They were cheap for in store price, 50 each I think- the cheapest they had. 30K warranty... They were bald on the edges...lol

Im not sure for how long my car had a vibration like a bad bearing or something or off balance tire.

Basicly a cheap ass tire.

I got these yoko's installed tonight... OMG...

The car rides nice, real quiet and SMOOTH. Responsive... Im liking it already...