Page 1 of 2

95 Monte Carlo door speakers?

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:20 pm
by jmjacks
I'm thinking about putting a component set in the doors but I'm not sure what kind & size to get.
The stock speakers a 4" I would like to go with @ least 5.25's.
I would love to go with 6.5's but I don't think they would fit without modifing the door panels which I'm afraid of I'm a newbie.
Any help would be appreciated. I'm also after decent SQ but have a somewhat limited budget around $200 or so.
I also dont have an amp yet so what would be good to power door & rear deck 6x9"s.

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:23 pm
by MrSo0h0o
i dont know specifically for a monte carlo but u can probably get speaker adapters or get them made to fit a 6.5.. $200 can get you a good front component/amp setup.. i would say drop the rear speakers.

for brands, you can check the good, bad and ugly list in the FAQ section.

and just a couple of general questions, do u have a head unit already? if so, what is it? everything else is stock?

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:34 pm
by sinister audio
you can make some wood spacers/adapters so you can get 6.5s in there.

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:38 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
95 Monte's are 5 1/4" speakers.

There is a mounting depth issue though. So anything much more than 2 3/4" deep might not work.

A set of CDT Classics will fit in there ;) So whatever that mounting depth is, thats about the max...

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:51 pm
by smoker
where are these good component/amp setups for 2 bills at? im assuming this would be used but even then i cant see it.......at least not around here.....

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:08 pm
by MrSo0h0o
yea i was speaking on more of a used point of view.

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:11 pm
by smoker
ok cool i seriously wanted to know if i was missing out on something

new can get pricey real quick

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:14 pm
by MrSo0h0o
yea, which most of us cant afford :bigwink: but thank goodness for ebay! :thumbsup

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:24 pm
by jmjacks
My head unit is a Premier DEH-P900R a little dated but still has a lot of cool features.
I'm pretty sure the stock speakers in my monte are 4" coax their tiny.
What are CDT Classics never heard of them. What front component/amp setup did you have in mind which brands? also I was wondering why should I lose the 6x9's in the rear wouldn't it be decent rear fill?

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:27 pm
by jmjacks
I have all my wiring ran Power remote rca's & speaker from the doors the ground is already connected from using a cd changer.All I have to do is connect the power wire to the Battery & everything will be ready to wire up.
I also need to get some subs & an amp for them.