Page 1 of 2

Two Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1d's VS One 12 Re SE

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:47 pm
by Silenkiller
Two Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1d's VS One 12 Re SE


Ok, which would you say would be louder/deeper and sound better:

(2) KAPPA PERFECT 12.1D 350 RMS
or
(1) 12 inch RE SE 600 RMS

Powered by a 600 Watt Infinity Monoblock.

Oh, and RE SE's are dual 4ohm, meaning it can be wired for 2 ohm right?

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:06 pm
by ridr4lif
From what i've heard (and i hope someone backs me up) is that the Infinity Perfect Subs arent very loud. I would have to say the the 2 set ups you mentioned will be pretty close to the same when it comes to being loud, maybe giving the edge to the infinity's just because there is more cone area than a single sub.

Yes, dual 4 ohms means you can run the one sub down to 2 ohms.

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:20 pm
by Silenkiller
Yeah, plus, it would be easier/cheaper to get a hold of an enclosure for a single 12 sub, than 2. Also, I'm looking for slightly more spl than sq, and, with 2 kappa's, i cant push them to their full potential with only 600 watts, where as I can do that with the RE.

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:21 pm
by ridr4lif
I modified my original post. I think 2 12" Infinity's would be louder b/c of more cone area.

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:26 pm
by High Society
to their full potential with only 600 watts
Those subs should reach max Xmax at like 200-250 or soo. 300rms a piece with be just as loud as giving them 700rms a piece. If you all ready have perfects, I'd say keep them, and power them with a 600 watt amp. Unless you want to use the SE I'd say port it and you should be about the same SPL as the two 12's. If the other two were sealed. But those perfects are mainly SQ woofers.

Audiobass(Dave) runs a single 12" SE, PM him and get his point of view on what he thinks.

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:43 pm
by audiobass10
I really wouldn't even consider the Perfects if your'e geared more twoards SPL. That being said, the SE's sound awesome and can get pretty loud. The box I have it in right now is really an SQ alignment and not meant to get LOUD, so it could be a lot louder. However, the SE's were'nt designed to be an SPL sub, but like many subs you can get them plenty loud in the right box. If going ported, I'd reccomend tuning fairly low (30-32hz) They're good low tune woofs and also do very well sealed from what i've heard.

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:36 am
by William from NOLA
audiobass10 wrote:I really wouldn't even consider the Perfects if your'e geared more twoards SPL. That being said, the SE's sound awesome and can get pretty loud. The box I have it in right now is really an SQ alignment and not meant to get LOUD, so it could be a lot louder. However, the SE's were'nt designed to be an SPL sub, but like many subs you can get them plenty loud in the right box. If going ported, I'd reccomend tuning fairly low (30-32hz) They're good low tune woofs and also do very well sealed from what i've heard.
Yea, my perfect never wanted to go very loud. I tried, but I'm sure it never got above 120 dB... even with 600 watts on it.

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:58 am
by Mithrandir
im still wondering if im gonna be able to fit 4 infinity reference 12s in my sunfire lol, if not I might have to invest in 2 loud subs

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:05 am
by William from NOLA
Mithrandir wrote:im still wondering if im gonna be able to fit 4 infinity reference 12s in my sunfire lol, if not I might have to invest in 2 loud subs
Two loud! Two loud!!!

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:24 am
by Bwcad1
^ yes ^ i can almost gurantee you will be displeased go with 2 loud woofers if you want to be loud the refrecences arnt that good of a woofer. elevation comps thats what you need!