Page 1 of 1
Reducing noise
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:30 am
by swevrywhere
I have a 1998 Isuzu Rodeo, and when I'm playing music, my door vibrates loudly during certain frequencies. Last night, I reduced much of the noise with Dynamat, but the remainder of the noise is coming from the door handle assembly. I know this because if I hold the handle up firmly, the rattling is gone. Does anybody have any tips on eliminating this rattling? Thanks for your help!
- BK
:help:
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:42 am
by William from NOLA
Many people don't have the sense to find what is actually rattling, glad you have sense. Really, all that you can do is try to secure it somehow. If it is a moving part that you need to secure, your options might be limited. If you can take it apart and put it back together nice and tight, that may help too.
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:11 am
by Bwcad1
yea just like will said take it apart and reassemble it securly if that does not help take the trim pieces off and put dynamat on the back of it.
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:03 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Tear it down as far as you can see the moving parts.
Spray these parts with the rubber undercoating/sound dampner that can be had at auto parts stores for about $5 a can.
One can should be way plenty. Dont spray the springs though...
This stuff dries but its not like totaly hard. If you work the handle while its drying it should allow for the movement you need.
Just a thought... never done this before.