Page 1 of 5

Best 10" for full range of music

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:17 pm
by 2+2=5
I'm looking to find the best 10" sub for rock music that is able to play the full range of bass notes, from the lowest to highest possible. I am looking for (2) subs that have total rms between 700-1000. And they have to be in the price range of $300 dollars max for both.
What do you guys think would work?

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:07 pm
by Bwcad1
diamond audio d6! elevation audio comp 10

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:24 pm
by audiobass10
I agree with Bill on the Diamond and another option to consider would be a single 8w7.

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:40 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Why does it have to be in that power range?

Subs in that power AND price range are usualy cheap junk subs.

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:26 pm
by 2+2=5
hey audiobass, i see you have a Cadence component set, would that be the CWM6 that are like $80? If so do they sound good at all?

what would you recommend doing ryan? just get one sub? spend more money? go down in power?

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:40 pm
by Jonathan
I'd go with a single ID Max 10" in a ported enclosure. Right in that price range and sounds fantastic. Also gets pretty loud.

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:46 pm
by OnYrMrk
one single Focal 33v2 will hit and plays all ranges equally well. I should know, I have one.

price is around 300 for the sub. btw..it is a 13" sub

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:57 pm
by 2+2=5
Should I buy these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/A-D-S-R12S-12-R-Ser ... dZViewItem


I heard A/D/S is a really good brand, and they handle 500 rms, and they are only $110!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:21 am
by Mithrandir
never heard of em, i cant comment on this thread because almost all subs sound the same to me

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:33 am
by sinister audio
ads use to be a very good brand now they are dei products so they are average at best. and just look for 1 kick ass sub instead of 2 sub par subs.