Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Problem with TV and PS2

Post all your general car audio questions here.
Livinloud
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:51 pm
Location: Illinois

Problem with TV and PS2

Post by Livinloud »

I just got my a Flip Down TV and PS2 installed in my car.

I was driving and the power inverter shut off. The power inverter is hooked up to an auxiliary socket. If I plug the power inverter into the stock auxiliary socket it turns on but the TV doesn't.

I was thinkin that if the power inverter isnt plugged in the TV should turn on because the auxiliary socket always has power correct? Or would it work only if the power inverter is plugged into that specific one?

I went and got a new auxiliary socket today and it still wouldnt turn it on. There has to a loose connection somewhere.

By the way I paid $421 to get this installed. I didnt buy the TV from the store that installed it but they should stick by there installs right?
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

If they installed it, bring it back to them. They will have to fix it.
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
smoker
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
Location: florence, ky
Contact:

Post by smoker »

you paid for this and the best they could do was install an auxiallary socket to plug the inverter into? anytime i do this type of install i always hardwire the inverter, that should be something that once its installed you dont have to touch....you dont want to have to turn on the inverter all the time just the ps2...the tv should have 12v connection and should be seperate from the supply for the inverter......sounds like you paid for a ghetto rig to me....
Post Reply