Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Best Components for me?

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
User avatar
Vindicate
Senior Member
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:50 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Best Components for me?

Post by Vindicate »

I've asked this a million times with different other setups.. Here's the the FINAL hopefully... My bday is comen up so I'm gonna ask the famdamnily to pitch in whatever they can and I'll spot the rest... Anyhoo here goes..

Head Unit: Alpine CDA7897
Subwoofers: Resonant Engineering RE12s
Sub Amp: Kicker KX350.2
Rear Speakers: Clarion 6x9s
Component Amp: Coustic 360u 100w RMSx2 Channels

Price Range: I'm hoping to get something in the 300-400$ range if possible.

**Note on this though, Infinity Kappa Perfects at Soniceletronix = 279$. But after adding the shipping and handling it's around the 400$ mark.
JL Man
Senior Member
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:08 am
Location: Slidell, LA

Post by JL Man »

what size, 5.25 or 6.5
User avatar
Vindicate
Senior Member
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:50 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Post by Vindicate »

6.5"
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

What about the Elevation Concert series?

They are like $330 and they sound nice :)
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Team AI
Senior Member
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:23 pm
Location: Ligonier, IN
Contact:

Post by Team AI »

I think that there is no real answer it's really a matter of ear. what kind of sound do you like, I run infinity reference 5.25's (I know they aren't in the same league as what you are looking for but it will serve as an example) and when I bought them I listened to about 15 different sets of components and the infinity's had the sound I was looking for they were brighter than the other and they still carried the lower end of the spectrum with very good clarity and maintained it at high volumes which is exactly what I was looking for. My advice is figure out exactly what you want them to sound like, listen to as many as you can and find something comprable in your price range and it may serve to help people figure out the kind of sound you are looking for in a set of components.
Jonathan
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1775
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: Georgia

Post by Jonathan »

JL XRs are great in that price range.
geolemon
Senior Member
Posts: 585
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:46 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Post by geolemon »

I'm a big JL XR fan...
In fact, I've got a set I might just sell for about half that. :D

Hmm... Come to think of it, I've got an older Focal Polyglass set from the days of yore I should sell too, that I've been sitting on... I think I've got a crossover-less MB Quart set from really way-back too... :p

Time to start Ebaying, I think... Ever thought of buying used? :D
NViejeP
Senior Member
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:34 pm
Location: San Francisco

Post by NViejeP »

I just bought some JL XR 650CSi, for $275 on sonicelectronix. I can get it for like $250 or so on ebay, but sonic had the $100 warranty. A car thef set my amplifer back, but if you want I can let you know how they sound once I get my amplifer and stuff hooked up, probably 2 weeks from now.
JL Man
Senior Member
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:08 am
Location: Slidell, LA

Post by JL Man »

you can get some boston acoustics sl60 comps for under $300 from wooferetc. they are what i have in my car and i think they are amazing.
Mithrandir
Senior Member
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:30 am

Post by Mithrandir »

i own the jl xr 650 csi, and im very happy with em, they will get loud and stay clean, they can be kinda harsh to some ears but not too bad. SQ is good but my door panels vibrate, not the metal, actually the plastic so my sq kinda goes down the toilet but oh well.
Post Reply