Page 1 of 2
RL-p or Brahma??
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:04 pm
by swimmerdude
I am just about set on a Sound Splinter RL-p15 and when i get money i was planning on ordering one.... BUT, a dealer just offered me a brand new Adire brahma for 300 shipped. I have read that the RL-p and Brahma are very comparable subs.... just use different technology. I have never heard either and dont think i would be able to hear either of them. I know not many of you have experience with the RL-p but i figured i would ask anyways. Which way should i go??
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:45 pm
by neumann
300 shipped eh?
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:46 pm
by Justin from Detroit1
I have heard absolutely TERRIBLE stories about Adire's customer service. So if you get the Brahma, pray nothing goes wrong with it.
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:53 pm
by swimmerdude
Oh i know that recently their customer service has been poop but its kinda like Brahma = deal but horrible service. RL-p = regular price and GREAT service.
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:00 pm
by Justin from Detroit1
how much for the SS?
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:03 pm
by swimmerdude
They are $269 plus shipping.
And i have heard nothing but raving reviews about the SS but the new Brahma hasnt been out that long so not many reviews.
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:11 pm
by Justin from Detroit1
id just do the SS honestly
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:45 pm
by swimmerdude
Anyone here use a Brahma MKIII and know what it would take to make it reach full potential?? The Brahma would have more potential than the RL-p but I have only 600rms to work with. Mike told me that 600rms in a ported enclosure would be perfect. I dont know about the Brahma though.
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:06 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Go with the Sound Splinter.
I know Scarell had a hell of a time with his Adire adventure...
But of course they were changing lines, build houses and yadda yadda yadda...
For me I dont care. Give me my product!
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:14 pm
by swimmerdude
It's really tempting to just say get the Brahma just cause it is a really good deal but then I start to think about like... what if I have a problem, it's going to be like hell trying to get it fixed. And Mike at SS is a great guy to talk to, I have emailed him several times and he posts on their forum frequently. I can't go wrong if I got SS.