Page 1 of 2

Ppi Pcx-4125

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:59 pm
by crozzno
would this be a good amp for qsd 216 components and 164 midrange.
i have ben going nuts trying to pick an amp, others i have looked at,

rockford fosgate t15004 (a bit to much but not out)
phinox gold 200.4
eclipse pa5422
Diamond Audio D5 600.4

any suggestions please
any others i should look at

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:40 pm
by GlassWolf
the eclipse would be my first choice.

Diamond next.

the Phoenix Gold and PPI amps are DEI fare.. decent middle of the road amps. nothing special, but they'll do the job.
F makes good amplifiers, but if it's out of your range, forget about it.

look also at Kicker, MTX, and Memphis.

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:04 pm
by crozzno
thank you the kicker kx850.4 (175x4) or eclipse pa5422 (85x4)
the speakers i have are

6.5" 2-Way QSD Series Separate Components
Impedance
4 Ohms

Frequency Response
35-32k

Sensitivity
85.5 (2,6)dB

Power Range
90-170 Watts

Crossover Frequency
2.400Hz
----------------------------------------
Dual 6.5" Q Series Add On Midbass Kit
Impedance
4 Ohms

Frequency Response
35-280

Sensitivity
85.5 (2,6)dB

Power Range
90-170 Watts

Crossover Frequency
250Hz

i would like clean sound.

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:21 am
by GlassWolf
the eclipse would be great for those

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:50 pm
by crozzno
thank you i will do that

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:07 am
by Dustin from Huntsville
Just my opinion on it.. but I'd go with the Diamond. The MB's will appreciate the extra power you'll get from the Diamond amp.

Nice spelling of Phoenix :P

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:40 am
by GlassWolf
the diamond is a great amp as well.
either would be a god choice as far as quality is concerned.
it comes down to price and power really at this point.

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:15 am
by crozzno
Diamond Audio D5 600.4 75 x4
eclipse pa5422 85 x4

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:29 am
by Dustin from Huntsville
The Diamond makes more power. It's very underrated. But like Kiki said, they are both quality products.

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:09 pm
by SiriusBlack
I had an Eclipse amp that I used to run a set of Kenwood Excelon components a few months ago. Very, very nice setup. It wasn't the absolute best, because of what most people say about Kenwood's speakers, but I seriously think the Eclipse amp helped. There's not a whole lot of stuff that you can get to actually sound bad on an Eclipse amp.

As far as Diamond, I haven't had any experience with them. I've heard only the best though. It's really YOUR decision though. I just thought I'd share my experience with Eclipse.