I recently purchased an eq from Justin and I'm trying to make it fit cleanly under my HU. I have it mounted fine and it works great, but now there is a big space below the eq. It is a 1/2 din eq so the space is probably about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. I'm just wondering what you guys usually do to make it look neat and clean? I don't have any fiberglassing skills, so that is out of the question
Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Help with fixing dash
-
kevinberry1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:21 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Help with fixing dash
Okay guys, I could use a little help/advice
I recently purchased an eq from Justin and I'm trying to make it fit cleanly under my HU. I have it mounted fine and it works great, but now there is a big space below the eq. It is a 1/2 din eq so the space is probably about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. I'm just wondering what you guys usually do to make it look neat and clean? I don't have any fiberglassing skills, so that is out of the question
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I can add pics if it is helpful too. Thanks in advance!
I recently purchased an eq from Justin and I'm trying to make it fit cleanly under my HU. I have it mounted fine and it works great, but now there is a big space below the eq. It is a 1/2 din eq so the space is probably about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. I'm just wondering what you guys usually do to make it look neat and clean? I don't have any fiberglassing skills, so that is out of the question
-
Justin from Detroit1
- Junior Member
- Posts: 0
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
- Location: Detroit
What type/ year of vehicle? There may be an adapter kit for it too make it look stock.
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
-
kevinberry1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:21 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
It's a 99 Accord and I had a cheapo kit before with a 'pocket' that fit below the HU. It didn't look too bad but now there is just a small gap.
Justin, if that ABS plastic is easy to find I could pick it up so you wouldn't have to send it. But if you want to send it that's cool, just let me know how much it is.
Justin, if that ABS plastic is easy to find I could pick it up so you wouldn't have to send it. But if you want to send it that's cool, just let me know how much it is.
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
Justin from Detroit wrote:thin piece of ABS plastic. I have some if you need a sheet.
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing, abs plastic.. You might be able to buy it at a craft store?
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-
kevinberry1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:21 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
That sounds like a great idea, thanks Terry!smoker wrote:if it were me id get a big piece of abs do an iso mount on the hu and center up the eq that way you wouldnt have any gaps at all
Now any ideas about where to pick up some ABS? I may try the craft store in the next few days.
Now I just need to figure out how to get rid of the horrible engine noise that appeared after I installed the eq. I swear it sounds like a dentist's drill, lol. Of course I'll redo the ground and see if that helps.
-
kevinberry1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:21 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE