Page 1 of 2
Help with fixing dash
Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:54 pm
by kevinberry1
Okay guys, I could use a little help/advice
I recently purchased an eq from Justin and I'm trying to make it fit cleanly under my HU. I have it mounted fine and it works great, but now there is a big space below the eq. It is a 1/2 din eq so the space is probably about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. I'm just wondering what you guys usually do to make it look neat and clean? I don't have any fiberglassing skills, so that is out of the question

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I can add pics if it is helpful too. Thanks in advance!
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:35 am
by Justin from Detroit1
thin piece of ABS plastic. I have some if you need a sheet.
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:37 am
by cargodz
What type/ year of vehicle? There may be an adapter kit for it too make it look stock.
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:09 am
by kevinberry1
It's a 99 Accord and I had a cheapo kit before with a 'pocket' that fit below the HU. It didn't look too bad but now there is just a small gap.
Justin, if that ABS plastic is easy to find I could pick it up so you wouldn't have to send it. But if you want to send it that's cool, just let me know how much it is.
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:49 pm
by MobileAudio219
Justin from Detroit wrote:thin piece of ABS plastic. I have some if you need a sheet.
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing, abs plastic.. You might be able to buy it at a craft store?
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:17 pm
by smoker
if it were me id get a big piece of abs do an iso mount on the hu and center up the eq that way you wouldnt have any gaps at all
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:00 pm
by kevinberry1
smoker wrote:if it were me id get a big piece of abs do an iso mount on the hu and center up the eq that way you wouldnt have any gaps at all
That sounds like a great idea, thanks Terry!
Now any ideas about where to pick up some ABS? I may try the craft store in the next few days.
Now I just need to figure out how to get rid of the horrible engine noise that appeared after I installed the eq. I swear it sounds like a dentist's drill, lol. Of course I'll redo the ground and see if that helps.
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:48 am
by smoker
we usually stock a sheet or two but i just cut the last one up to make some small parts.....most custom audio shops should keep a couple sheets in stock
what kind of eq did you get?
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:25 pm
by kevinberry1
I got the Digital Audio 5-band graphic eq that Justin had for sale.
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:27 pm
by smoker
i was just curious, im not familiar with that one