Page 1 of 6
Future system
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:55 pm
by High Society
The newest member, and glad to be signed up.
Anyway, I recently bought a 92 s10 reg cab. Ive been searching on what to put in the truck, so far Iam set on two shiva's, the only problem is room, and ill be buying a jbl amp. Just wondering if you guys have any sugguestions. I picked these because of the price, and everybody where I live is stuck on sony, and audiobaaa, dont care to spell it out.(Ive also herd of those wangin jensen's around here) I checked out the AV site, but the shiva's were back ordered, were else can you buy them at, I looked for a local dealer, which is 3 hours there, and 3 hours back. I dunno about driving that far, but if i have to I will. I wanna go with a alpine hu, as for the door speakers, Iam lost on those, havn't look much into it, and dunno what to look for in that catageory. I also saw the price of the RE12"s and liked it, which would out perform: Shiva($125) or the RE12($69), or for $100 more go with the SE12($169)?????
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:35 pm
by bigbassman
eh... you're kinda pushing it with 2 shiva's behind the seat..
if you move the seat forward, and leave it there, you've got around 3 cuft of space
for a butterworth alignment sealed (.707) you'll looking at roughly 4 cuft of space for those drivers..
Take it from somebody with alot of install experience in an older model S10... 8" drivers ported...
for a little bit less than 2 Shiva's, you can buy 4 Resonant Engineering RE Series 8"s , and optimum ported box for them is .5 cuft each.. 2 cuft box will fit quite well behind that seat, and will be louder than the 2 Shiva's..
the RE 8's come as a dual 4 ohm unit, which will allow very flexible wiring for whatever amp you decide on..
its all about optimizing the space you have, and 2 12" shiva's wouldn't do it for you..
Loyd L.
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:08 pm
by audiobass10
I agree with Lloyd on the RE8's..trust me..8's can get loud. As a temporary setup i'm running a single RE8 ported and people can't believe it's an 8. This sub gets low too..I really can't find anything this sub lacks in for the most part..I'm runnin about 267rms to the sub so its quite overpowered..the gains have to be set low or else it will bottom out..my suggestin is to get a 400-500 watt amp and run all 4 off it..Those things don't really need much power to get movin..especially ported. This is overall the best choice IMO w/ the space you have.
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:17 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Agreed. The RE8's are the ticket for small areas.
With 12MM xmax one way, a price tag of $50 and legendary Resonant Engineering Quality you just cant go wrong.
I plan on ordering mine in the next two weeks!
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:34 pm
by MrSo0h0o
sorry to butt in on the thread, but the RE12's are only 69 bucks?
and does anyone know about the RE component set? and how much are they?
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:51 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
I believe I heard they were $150 for the RE series. Not sure on the better one...
Im trying to get more info out of RE but am having a hard time.
Im going to try and call them tomorrow. From work of course! :lol
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:09 pm
by audiobass10
Yep callin em's the way to go..don't expect a response within the next 2 weeks by email.
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:55 pm
by High Society
Thanks I found my system, Ive been looking for awhile, and in less then a day I have all my questions answered. The $69 dollars for the 12" I saw in the prices thread. Will the JBL amp be fine for the 8"s, Ive never thought of 8"s getting so loud. Theres a local dealer here that I can talk to about building the box, how much would that run me? Also, were could I buy the RE's at, straight from there site?
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:59 pm
by audiobass10
Id get them from Visionary Audio..Theres a guy by the name of marshall that could help ya out. I believe his prices are the prices in the prices thread shipped..where as RE tacks on extra shipping cost.
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:10 pm
by High Society
I checked the site, they dont reopen till the 1st. Where do they ship from?