Page 1 of 1

Clarion MAX675VD Bypass Parking Brake

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:17 am
by Livinloud
I just installed a Clarion MAX675VD. I grounded the green parking brake wire to some bare metal in the dash and it worked a couple times but now when I try playing a DVD the screen says audio only. I tried calling Sound Domain where I bought it from, but they wont tell me how to do it. Maybe my ground is bad?

EDIT:
I was just reading through the manual and it says

If "Audio Only" appears on the screen just after turning on the ACC Power of the car, release the parking brake while confirming safety, and then engage the parking brake again.
--

I was doing some more research and I read a few places to install a toggle switch, but how would I go about doing that if thats what I need to do?

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:47 am
by smoker
you need a switch, not just a ground.....now read this before it gets deleted

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:11 am
by Bwcad1
turn switch on off on and you will be good to roll. dont watch tv/dvd while driving were not responsible for you being retarded and crashing/dying because you were watching a dvd.

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:20 am
by Livinloud
Bwcad1 wrote:turn switch on off on and you will be good to roll. dont watch tv/dvd while driving were not responsible for you being retarded and crashing/dying because you were watching a dvd.
So just hook up the parking brake wire from the head unit and ground the other side?

I know a few guys will probably call me an idiot for doing this...

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:23 am
by Bwcad1
im not 100 percent sure of this because i don't do it. but i believe you put the switch on the ground wire ground it out then switch it on off on. and you should be golden.

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:25 am
by CaptainPioneer
Yep thats exactly how you do it... they have other ways of bypassing it but that one is really the easiest

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:28 am
by High Society
I bypassed my AVX2 so I could watch porn while driving :) Ever heard of a raging road hard on????

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:34 am
by Darthness
lol