Page 1 of 1

Need help with Panasonic CQ-RG153U

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:04 pm
by KingofChaos
So i installed the H/U today, and everything went well until I put it back. The cassette and radio worked fine, but the H/U didn't recognize my cd changer. My cd changer is an older Alpine model(CHM-S601), so my instincts tell me that I may need a panasonic CD changer for it to recognize it, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:43 am
by smoker
you got it
in fact you can do damage plugging in someone elses changer to a head unit not designed to operate it...those din plugs may fit together but that doesnt mean the pins are the same thing inside them

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:51 am
by cargodz
^ Yup... that's the biggest problem you encounter with different manufacturers

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:56 pm
by KingofChaos
Well I got the H/U for 25 bucks, so I wasn't really thinking about how it would match the stock stuff in my car. Thanks for the help guys.

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:11 pm
by cargodz
For $25 bucks ya can't complain too much that you don't have compatable equipment, so as long as you didn't do any damage to the h/u it sounds like you're still a head of the game... now you just need to score a good deal on a Panasonic changer...lol