Page 1 of 2
I have a unique problem
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:41 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Seems a family of spiders have decided to call my Alero home.
I left my windows cracked a few nice days at work, and I think one slipped in and had, um about 200 babies or whatever it is...
The other morning while leaving to work, there was a white spider about the size of a nickel on the outside of my windshield ->wipers on.
About 10 miles later, a bigger black one came trotting across my windshield. He was about the size of a fifty cent piece. Oh and he was inside. I grabbed a CD case and I THINK I swatted him out the window.
Yet I still have cobwebs every night all over the dash...
Loud music, bass, heat and cold... Still there... Cant be getting any food... They are the only insects in my car...
Help?
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:44 pm
by smoker
i had this same problem, where my shop is there is a small and i mean small patch of woods behind me and i get snakes in teh shop sometimes but recently i left my windows all the way down at work and came out to some spider webs in my car.....i left the windows open for a couple days and they seem to have left, but then again i recently took out the whole dash, carpet, seats, all the plastic and tommorrow the headliner so maybe that did it
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:43 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Now I dont want to hear that...
Its to early, otherwise I would find some of them "spiderballs". Im not sure exactly what they are, but they are about the size of a large grapefruit, are green and I guess spiders dont like them. I think they grow on trees and fall down. What kind of trees, good question.
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:46 pm
by Bwcad1
i would just bug bomb that bish.
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:49 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
ehhh
I guess it will have to wait until next weekend. I should have the Saturn up and done by then, I freaking hope...
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:06 pm
by joeyc
Well we found ANOTHER snake in our house the other night! Both have been about 4 ft long chicken(black) snakes. One was crawling across my wall on top of stuff, about 3 ft above my head when I looked up!!!! WOW that kinda startled me a bit.... Needless to say there is a hole in my wall about the size of a .22

I did wait for the opportune shot so as not to shoot out of my house.
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:21 pm
by High Society
Its to early, otherwise I would find some of them "spiderballs". Im not sure exactly what they are, but they are about the size of a large grapefruit, are green and I guess spiders dont like them. I think they grow on trees and fall down. What kind of trees, good question.
My mom put those down in the basement for camel crickets, and it seems to work....they sure do look real ugly tho. I wonder who, why, and when did someone think of trying to use something like that? Things like that make me think sometimes.
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:39 pm
by cargodz
Ortho has a spray called Home Defense... works well and is kid and pet safe... doesn't smell like bug spray either, smells like oranges.
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:11 am
by MobileAudio219
cargodz wrote:Ortho has a spray called Home Defense... works well and is kid and pet safe... doesn't smell like bug spray either, smells like oranges.
Ahhh, we make ortho products at work, just got done with a order of spider and ant killer...
We run alot of insect killers on our line...
Little note for ya, alot of that type of product will make you shiat yourself, and almost instantly... Yeah, crapping yourself in front of your coworkers probably isnt the best thing for your ego, luckly I havent experinced that....... yet!
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:08 am
by smoker
home defense isnt worth a crap with spiders though.......trust me...our house was vacant for like 8 months before we bought it and it didnt do squat on the spiders