Page 1 of 1

What have I missed?

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:57 pm
by Jszar
I don't know if anyone noticed I hadn't been coming around much, nor do I really care if anyone noticed...but I haven't been around too many stereos lately. School has been a big priority the last year or so. I still have that Arc 2100XXK that I bought off of Justin around two years ago, it's been sitting in my closet untouched. I finally decided to dig into my shallow money pot to spend some on my tunes. My problem is that I haven't kept up with news and products. I need a new head unit, and some speakers for my '04 F-150. Preferably in the range of 100wrms @ 4 ohms to match the amp. Stock locations are 5x7 components, I don't mind doing a little cutting though. Rear is just going to stay coaxial for filler sound. I want something with decent mid/sub range that won't empty my savings. My budget is going to be around 800-900 in total. It's a little flexible however.

I've done my research and have my prospects, but I'd like to see where the creativity of the board leads me.

Gimme your thoughts please!

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:54 pm
by cargodz
First let me say good to see ya back ;)

Second, Are you looking to make use of the Arc for some 6.5"/ 5.25" components up front or just a decent lil sub in the rear... notice I said components since you said you don't mind modifying ;)

Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:24 am
by Jszar
Well you know I love car manufacturers that just can't design something simple to modify, I'm sure they do it on purpose. There are components in the front now, with the mid being a 5x7. I can round it out to fit a 6" in there. I think that is all the play I have, no bigger that a 6, but components for sure. I'm up for anything really, opinions are welcome.

Who is good to buy from online these days? What companies are still available online? I know about the time I stopped hanging around, there was a bunch of ruckus about selling certain manufacturers online.

Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:31 am
by smoker
i have a set of used pioneer 5x7 coax you can have for 10 plus shipping

Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:39 am
by CaptainPioneer
Mmm i recomend the Diamond line up they have terrific speakers... There price isnt half bad the only problem is the price jump from d3 to d9 level speakers :O

Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:52 am
by Darthness
for a sub i'd go for fi car audio. i have a q15 ported - its awesome.

http://www.ficaraudio.com

Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:48 am
by cargodz
Well there is still a big stink about selling a lot of items online, so most of the places selling are not authorized dealers and the companies won't give any warranty on the product... On the up side, Many companies have given a lot of play to actual authorized dealers and let us sell outside our regions as long as we don't actually try to sell online on a website or through online auctions.
So ya still got Terry (smoker) and myself that are here to look out for ya ;)

Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:31 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
CDT is still a good brand to deal with.

I just fitted two of their 6.5 mids into the 5x7's ford loves to utilize.

Just a mid will fit good if the door panels are engineered like the Focus. Ig you try going coaxial or CDT's braxial you will probably have top heigth mounting issues.