Page 1 of 2

elevation pro12d box specs?

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:05 pm
by kiyoshi
My friend got a great deal on a pro 12, but the big dummy wants to just buy a prefab box instead of making one thats tuned to its specs :nono . I figured if i got the specs and convinced him that it would be days better to have a tuned box, he would go for it. does anyone know what is the recommended box volume, preferably sealed? I figure cargodz would know. Thanks.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:28 pm
by swimmerdude
When I was figuring out a box for a friend for his Pro, someone who did some testing on a few different enclosures told me that a 2.75 cubic foot tuned to 35hz played best for an Elevation Pro. After making it and hearing it in person, this box plays very well for the sub.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:29 pm
by kiyoshi
by the way, I told him that the pros are comparable to the w7 (that was his dream sub). I hope im right. :)

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:30 pm
by kiyoshi
2.75 cuft huh? Thanks swimmerdude. Was it sealed?

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:31 pm
by smoker
not quite the same power handling as a w7 but the problem dropping it into a prefab will start with the opening, the pro is an oversized12 and wont fit a standard 12" hole, then its gonna be the thickness of the material the box is made with, and the tuning and so on and so on......

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:45 pm
by kiyoshi
Yeah I will have to break that down to him. He also needs an amp for it. I was thinking a US amps merlin md1d since it is d4 running parallel and the merlin would be about perfect watt-wise. what do you guys think?

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:04 pm
by smoker
id kinda lean towards an autotek ss1000.1d.....should be about right at 2 ohms

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:14 pm
by kiyoshi
hmm... a class a/b amp? wouldnt a class d be more efficient? also, I figured US amps would be a good choice for their merlin series.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:38 pm
by swimmerdude
smoker wrote:not quite the same power handling as a w7
i beg to differ, lol. Bill put a pro on his Autotek MM4000 for a while... but we wont get into that....

On the box, yes, ported. If you didnt get that it was a ported box when i said tuned to 35hz, i dont know if you should be the one building the box.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:41 pm
by kiyoshi
lol my bad, didnt catch the 35 hz part, just the 2.75 cuft :p