Page 1 of 1

Mono vs Stereo

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:08 am
by j0sh_o6
I've been wondering what is the better for sound quality mainly but I also wanna be able to bump hard I had planned on purchasing a mono amp but a friend of mine said they make your sub sound like crap and I should go with a 2 ch amp and bridge it. What im gonna be running is a single Adire audio Brahma 12" and had thought about the JBL BP 1200.1

*note* nothing has been purchased yet so I can still switch it up.

My main goal as said above I want good sound quality but I also wanna bump hard.

Thanks for any help

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:31 am
by Justin from Detroit1
The only difference is with a stereo amp the left and right and seperated into each sub, in a mono block both subs get the same signal. No difference sound quality wise.

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:43 am
by j0sh_o6
ok thanks for the quick reply and plain and easy to understand answer

also does that setup i mentioned sound good to what i wanna do?