Page 1 of 3

2008 Tacoma double cab time

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:40 pm
by William from NOLA
Ok. I am like 90% sure on buying a 2008 Tacoma double cab (V6, 2wd) as soon as I start work.

I've been trying to plan out my audio, and I think I've decided what I want to do.

Head Unit:
keeping the existing Alpine DVA-9861


Mains (6.5"):
something new from the following (or feel free to add some!)-
Boston Acoustics Pro
Boston Acoustics Z
Diamond Hex
Focal PolyKevlar
Focal Polyglass
Polk SR6500

My Rainbow CS230's will be rears.


Amps:
I may upgrade them, but it will stay as the JBL P180.2 and JBL BP600.1
boy I hope those Elevation amps are still around when I do :)


Subs:
I think I've figured out that I want Kicker CVT 12's or 10's (two, shallow-mount). I think it depends on which will fit. I have very limited room behind the rear seats. I believe to have about a max of 5.5" of depth for a sub. This is what I am going by as for measurments: https://shop.tacotunes.com/displayProdu ... tegoryId=3


Lend me some ideas if you've got any. Hopefully in a month I will be putting this all in.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:15 pm
by loudwagon15s
im not a big fan of the kicker cvt's, IMO they look like an ugly hub cap, if i were to go with a shallow mount, i'd go with the pioneer premiers

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:21 pm
by CaptainPioneer
happy to hear that you are going with the Tacoma... I've driven the 07 and 08 model and they are just fantastic trucks... Much better than pre-2004. Im sure what ever you end up doing in it will come out great.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:43 pm
by snoogins
Screw your rears, I want those Rainbows!

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:34 pm
by William from NOLA
loudwagon15s wrote:im not a big fan of the kicker cvt's, IMO they look like an ugly hub cap, if i were to go with a shallow mount, i'd go with the pioneer premiers
I've seen too many poor reviews for the Pioneer shallow ones. I've pretty much figured this much for the shallow ones:
Kicker/Clarion/Exile > Kenwood > Pioneer

I don't really care what they look like. They just need to perform. I don't have much of a choice if I want to keep my back seat lol

CaptainPioneer wrote:happy to hear that you are going with the Tacoma... I've driven the 07 and 08 model and they are just fantastic trucks... Much better than pre-2004. Im sure what ever you end up doing in it will come out great.
I've driven an 07 and I liked it a lot. I'm still considering a few other vehicles, but I am mostly set on the Tacoma.
snoogins wrote:Screw your rears, I want those Rainbows!
Mine. :attitude

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:12 pm
by joeyc
my dad has a quad cab tacoma '08, that thing rox!

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:44 pm
by Bwcad1
that is the most ass backward shallow mount list i have ever seen lol

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:02 pm
by Chris from Washington
I really like the new Tacoma's, if I had a bigger garage I would get one. It would be a great 'haul the dirt bike around' truck!

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:14 pm
by joeyc
lol it would be a great "haul whatever the hell you want to" truck!

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:52 am
by William from NOLA
Bwcad1 wrote:that is the most ass backward shallow mount list i have ever seen lol
Why?

80% of the Pioneer reviews were bad and/or lacking.