Page 1 of 1

Eclipse Sw8122dvc 12 inch sub power?

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:15 pm
by shagdrum
I have one of these to put in a sealed box (probably 1-1.25 cubic feet). Don’t know too much about it. The literature with the sub says it can handle around 500 RMS, but I have heard that it can handle much more. I also heard that this sub is built buy TC sounds (basically it’s a tc-7or tc-9?).

Here are my questions:
(1) To those who use, or have used this sub, how much power can it safely handle?
(2) What is the connection to TC sounds? Is this sub basically a tc-7 or a tc-9? Do they handle the same power as their TC sounds equivalent?


Thanks in advance for any response. It is greatly appreciated.

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:41 am
by solacedagony
[quote="shagdrum"]I have one of these to put in a sealed box (probably 1-1.25 cubic feet). Don&#8217]
Power handling should be decent in a small, sealed box. I don't know anything about them, but TC-7 or TC-9 would be the motor that the sub uses. Thermal power handling is going to depend on the size of the VC. You can model the sub in WinISD to get an idea of its mechanical limits.

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:47 am
by cargodz
the Eclipse Sw8122dvc were made by TC... as many subs are.
And I'd stick with giving it 500watts rms for daily use... yeah they can handle more on a burp, but you figure that's only about 5-10 seconds and not suitable for daily driving.