Page 1 of 3
Faceplate help...
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:54 am
by thebigo
I have a Pioneer DEH-4900mp (I believe that's the number), anyway, every once in a while the faceplate will stop working. The radio plays and the CD player works, but I can't control volume or anything like that, even with the remote. It happened about 2 or 3 times before, but it fixed itself the next day. It hasn't worked for the past 3 days, how do I fix it?
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:37 am
by loudwagon15s
humm, odd i've had a similar problem, but if my faceplate on my deh-4800 stops working i just bring it down like im putting in a cd, put it back up and its fine. I like my pioneer because of all of its functions, but im getting tired of that and the fact that it skips cd's like none other, and it just gets worse. If it werent for my i-pod i'd have a new one by now. MMMM 880prs
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:35 am
by thebigo
Yea, sometimes if I just flip it down then up or take it off and put it on it fixes itself, but no this time...
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:24 am
by Chris from MI
Sounds like the faceplate is losing communication with the HU. I dont know how often your faceplate is removed but you can try this.
Remove the faceplate and check the contact area where the faceplate mates with HU. I believe the faceplate will have gold plated pieces that make contact with pins coming off of the HU. Check to make sure that there is no corrosion at any of the contact points and that none of the pins are bent. Also sometime the gold plating can start to flake off so make sure they all are still covered.
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:30 pm
by thebigo
Well, it magically started working tonight... I hope this doesn't happen again...
Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:37 am
by cargodz
Like Chris said... probably a bad connection between the face and H/U... Quite often dirt gets trapped in the the prongs... best thing to do is clean it with rubbing alcohol and a Qtip... be careful with the Qtip though so you don't get the fibers stuck in the prongs or it's just a new problem.
Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:28 am
by loudwagon15s
i've always wanted to try remotely locating the deck; separate from the faceplate, that way i can aim the faceplate at me (its hard to see in the sun)
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:21 pm
by thebigo
It happened again... I'm gonna try to clean it again, is there anyway to fix the connection and make it better?
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:50 pm
by cargodz
Might wanna check to make sure none of the prongs have been bent in... cleaning may have helped the first time to help regain the connection, but a lil more dust if the connectors are bent... well you get the idea.
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:38 pm
by thebigo
Well, it continued to work about 70% of the time so I called the place i bought it from (Crutchfield) and they said that my warranty was expired (ended dec 30) but if I called Pioneer they might extend my warranty because it's so close. Well I called Pioneer, sent them my receipt, and they gave me a 30 day warranty to go get it fixed. A+ for Pioneer customer service!