Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
My New Computer
My New Computer
Well I want to teach myself a new skill, building computers, and didn't want to jack Ryans thread so here is what I'm looking at now. I have not bought anything yet so I will take all recommendations though I am no where close to rich actually more close to poor LOL.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813131011
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820141299
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817171018
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811119137
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6822136073
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819103191
I will take months to buy everything and I will run XP unless Vista figures out how not to suck LOL, then I may go 4 gig or find a SP 64 bit OS.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813131011
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820141299
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817171018
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811119137
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6822136073
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819103191
I will take months to buy everything and I will run XP unless Vista figures out how not to suck LOL, then I may go 4 gig or find a SP 64 bit OS.
-
Robert Wollenberg
- Posts: 1386
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
- Location: Abilene, Texas
You forgot a video card. And I'd probably get better ram. Otherwise, nice looking system.
Robert R. Wollenberg
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
I highly suggest an intel core 2 duo over any of the amd dual core processors there just not up to par compared to intel. and im sure ill catch hell but most people who really understand computers will agree with me.
Tigerdirect has a core 2 duo 2.2 and biostar mobo for 169.99 that i just picked up.
Tigerdirect has a core 2 duo 2.2 and biostar mobo for 169.99 that i just picked up.
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Well thats pretty much the computer Im building.
I got 4 gigs of that ram.
The power supply is alright, but they have one with 50 watts more power for $20 after rebates, but you got to buy it by tomorrow.
The motherboard is the upgraded version of what I got also. More bells whistles than I needed.
Heres my sugguestiong for board/processor. By the time your ready the prices will probably go down a few more bucks. ive already watched them drop some.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819103226
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813130136
Literally a few bucks more and the wiser decision if you can swing it. The higher end memory will cost ya bit however...
I got 4 gigs of that ram.
The power supply is alright, but they have one with 50 watts more power for $20 after rebates, but you got to buy it by tomorrow.
The motherboard is the upgraded version of what I got also. More bells whistles than I needed.
Heres my sugguestiong for board/processor. By the time your ready the prices will probably go down a few more bucks. ive already watched them drop some.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819103226
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813130136
Literally a few bucks more and the wiser decision if you can swing it. The higher end memory will cost ya bit however...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
-
Robert Wollenberg
- Posts: 1386
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
- Location: Abilene, Texas
I can't stand intel. lol. I've been an AMD fan for many years. I can't say what's what between the duo chips though. I haven't been keeping up with that stuff for the past few years.
Robert R. Wollenberg
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
yea i know what you mean. everyone was hard core amd till the dual cores came out. then amd got positively destroyed.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... CatId=2406
thats what i just picked up. all the it guys at work suggested it for the price
if you want something with more ram slots pick this one up
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... CatId=2406
the funny thing is these core 2's will most likely outperform the amd quad's look up some of the bench marks.
i have a core 2 quad at work its a beast of a machine
do some research on those amd phenoms problem after problem after problem. i kinda feel bad for amd.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... CatId=2406
thats what i just picked up. all the it guys at work suggested it for the price
if you want something with more ram slots pick this one up
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... CatId=2406
the funny thing is these core 2's will most likely outperform the amd quad's look up some of the bench marks.
i have a core 2 quad at work its a beast of a machine
do some research on those amd phenoms problem after problem after problem. i kinda feel bad for amd.
-
Robert Wollenberg
- Posts: 1386
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
- Location: Abilene, Texas
well that sucks. lol. Has intel fixed their heat issue? They always ran rediculously hot compared to amd. I guess I'll have to start looking at intel again. 
Robert R. Wollenberg
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
From what Ive read most of the AMD are the hot ones now, lol.
Also I read a bit on the AMD quad core Vs the Intel Quad Core. The AMD being a true quad core, whereas the Intel really isnt and doesnt have the cache in place to handle quad core tasks. So the new AMD quad cores are kicking arse in benchmarks- I read.
Also I read a bit on the AMD quad core Vs the Intel Quad Core. The AMD being a true quad core, whereas the Intel really isnt and doesnt have the cache in place to handle quad core tasks. So the new AMD quad cores are kicking arse in benchmarks- I read.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
-
Robert Wollenberg
- Posts: 1386
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
- Location: Abilene, Texas
??? I guess I'll have to go check out toms hardware and see what the deal is.
I've been reading on Tom's Hardware ... aparently AMD is slipping pretty bad. Even their quad core is struggling against intel's dual core, and intel is about to come out with even higher performance stuff. Not good for AMD.
I've been reading on Tom's Hardware ... aparently AMD is slipping pretty bad. Even their quad core is struggling against intel's dual core, and intel is about to come out with even higher performance stuff. Not good for AMD.
Robert R. Wollenberg
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy

