Page 1 of 1

Ahh Help!

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:14 pm
by audiobass10
Can someone please suggest a good amplifier to run 2 12" Soundstream Tarantula subs. The subs are 900wrms each. I need an amp to power them and can't seem to find a good one. Please list any amps you know of that would power these subs. I need suggestions!!

Thanks

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:45 am
by GlassWolf
since you appear to be on a budget jusdging by other threads, I'd suggest you look at the JBL 1201.1
It's a great amp, and one of the cheaper ones worth buying for a decent system.

Cadence may have an amp to fit your needs as well, or Avionixx.

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:19 am
by audiobass10
My budgets about $400. Is the JBL still the best amp i could find in that range?

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:32 am
by audiobass10
I found that JBL amp you told me about. It only goes down to 2 ohms and the subs im getting are 1 ohm. Will this still work out and if so how?

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:50 am
by GlassWolf
yes
two one-ohm subs in series is a 2 ohm load on a mono amp.
you'll get ~600wRMS for each sub.

the JBL is a great amp and a solid bet for those subs in your price range.
Avionixx, MTX, Kicker, and Cadence are other options to explore if ya want a different choice.

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:49 am
by audiobass10
Alright awesome. Thanks a lot for all of your information and not getting frustrated with all of my questions. I really appreciate it.