Looking for SQ deck...
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:37 am
I'm looking to upgrade from my Eclipse CD8445 because I am going to active.
Should I get a high end deck and an external crossover and processor, or should I get a deck with everything built in?
I want to have a 3-way crossover, time alignment (auto would be nice), a good equalizer (auto would be nice). Time alignment for each channel would be preferred so I can delay my midbass more than my tweeter and midrange.
Here are the decks I have considered.
Pioneer DEH-880PRS/800PRS
- I'm sure you all know it: 3-way, 16 band GEQ per L/R channel, Mic for Auto Tuning - internal amps can be turned OFF
Eclipse 7200 MKII
- Has the 3-way, 11 band PEQ, Time alignment, Mic for tuning, no internal amps
- Copper chassis, gold connections - this deck looks like a real attempt at an SQ deck
Alpine CDA-9887 paired with a KTX-100EQ - I don't think this has 3way
What is the advantage of having a GEQ or PEQ?
What is everyone's opinion of these decks? How about other SQ options?
I really want a deck that is not going to be hard to obtain.
Should I get a high end deck and an external crossover and processor, or should I get a deck with everything built in?
I want to have a 3-way crossover, time alignment (auto would be nice), a good equalizer (auto would be nice). Time alignment for each channel would be preferred so I can delay my midbass more than my tweeter and midrange.
Here are the decks I have considered.
Pioneer DEH-880PRS/800PRS
- I'm sure you all know it: 3-way, 16 band GEQ per L/R channel, Mic for Auto Tuning - internal amps can be turned OFF
Eclipse 7200 MKII
- Has the 3-way, 11 band PEQ, Time alignment, Mic for tuning, no internal amps
- Copper chassis, gold connections - this deck looks like a real attempt at an SQ deck
Alpine CDA-9887 paired with a KTX-100EQ - I don't think this has 3way
What is the advantage of having a GEQ or PEQ?
What is everyone's opinion of these decks? How about other SQ options?
I really want a deck that is not going to be hard to obtain.