Page 1 of 2
eD new mini amp
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:39 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Will someone pimp slap these tossers?
http://blog.edesignaudio.com/?p=250
Oh boy, another tiny amp and expensive in there relative terms.
My comment I left, of course its pending moderation...lmao
Will this be available through JC Whitney?
Its ugly, even the end caps. It looks cheap. Its expensive @ $100-120.
What other amps are available in this power range?
Well lets be real here...
ARC Audio Mini
Diamond D1 250.2
Elevation 200.2
JBL GT5 A402
JL 250.1 (little bit higher power)
JL A2150
Kicker ZX100.2
Kicker ZX150.2
Memphis SE1.250
Orion CO300.2
Phoenix Gold V752
Pioneer GM3300-T
Planet Audio TQ202
Profile AP700M (bit large)
Profile HA400
RF Punch P300-1
Sound Stream Di175.1
Xtant 250X2
US Amps MD-21
MTX RTP251D
MTX RTP202
MTX TC2002
MTX TA3202
MTX TN200/2
Hifonics BXi 608
Autotek SS75.2
Market looks saturated to me.
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:48 pm
by loudwagon15s
i like the idea of having a small, but powerful amp, but x2 as above, not enough power for the $ I'd take an arc mini anyday over that
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:16 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Theres a whole slew of choices, point of my post to them.
Im not sure if anyone/everyone can see my post under the first link. On my screen shows (awaiting moderation). I see someone posted after me- which doesnt say the moderation bit... So... lol
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:46 pm
by smoker
thing is, at 110 bucks or so, its half the power but also half the price of a kicker zx300.1......the market is also saturated with 99 dollar subwoofers but they are also what sells the most. im a little confused by the 30 amp fuse though. either its underrated which its size doesnt indicate or, its extremely ineffecient which also its size doesnt indicate, now i know size aint everything. and 165 watts isnt much but, really if it does, in the real world 250 watts thats a steal.
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:56 am
by Ryan from Ohio
Of course the Nazi's at eD wouldnt allow my post to be put on their little website.
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:56 am
by kevinberry1
Ryan from Ohio wrote:Of course the Nazi's at eD wouldnt allow my post to be put on their little website.
Hehe, I looked for your response but noticed that it was conveniently left off. :)
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:25 am
by Ryan from Ohio
I put up another post ripping them about it.
That of course didnt make its way onto their little board either.
lmao
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:17 am
by Bwcad1
Y? Y do you bother? hundreds of other companies make shitty products and your not on there forum ripping them about it. remember your going on a forum full of fanboy's so yo just look like a retard to them. its all good to hate a company because there a pos but making it a personal agenda is kinda sad man.
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:56 pm
by Tim
Ahhh, look a tiny little amp LOL. I wouldn't pay that for the amp, but the distortion figure is what scares me. Did I see it right? Distortion @ .5%
Most amps are in the .xxx or at least .xx range right??. Maybe I am not comparing apples to apples but that number still seems high??
oh well I won't be buying one so I ain't to worried about it.
Tim
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:21 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Bwcad1 wrote:Y? Y do you bother? hundreds of other companies make shitty products and your not on there forum ripping them about it. remember your going on a forum full of fanboy's so yo just look like a retard to them. its all good to hate a company because there a pos but making it a personal agenda is kinda sad man.
I bother simply because this company feels they have the right to shit down their customers necks and continue on like nothing ever happened. They continuously and regularly screw over customers. Yet if you ever read their literature, boards, movies, blogs, etc. everything is picture perfect.
Personally I dont care if I look like a retard to an eD fan boy. The simple fact is 9/10 of their customer base is newbs and people who dont have a clue. They wont ever allow a pissing match as they would loose. Thus they over moderate and anything against or critical of the company, products or process- well that gets removed ASAP.
And my post wasnt to hard or slanderous. It was filled with truths and of course some of it my opinion.
Not everyone is going to like a product. Read that blog, appears its the best thing since sliced bread...