Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

door handles/lock mechanisms keep freezing!

A Place to Discuss Modifications done to your cars.

Moderators: William from NOLA, GlassWolf

CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain

Post by CaptainPioneer »

I knew that would spark an argument lol... Its just an observation... My brother's truck freezes up too... its a ford... His matrix doesnt and neither does his wife's gti... My cousin's truck freezes up... its a chevy 2500hd... My aunts truck freezes up... its a jeep... Remarkably, my other cousin has a hyundai and that doesnt freeze up... I Dunno... Seems like a lot of american made cars have had these problems...My Ram used to freeze up but not that often...
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain

Post by Bwcad1 »

Ok whats the difference? How many doors have you pulled apart and checked out the mechanism? Its wild man. there all pretty much the same. like seriously can you believe that? I've taken off hundreds of doors and never seen a single remarkable design difference. Maybe you just have shitty luck? Who knows either way happens on all cars and id bet serious money it has nothing to do with one manufacture over the other.

By the way your original response was in no way helpful to the OP and his problem. So im gonna assume you were trolling especially since you said
I knew that would spark an argument lol
ImageImage

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
loudwagon15s

Post by loudwagon15s »

move to a warmer place, no frozen locks, no salt on the roads, and no cold working conditions. :D Hitting/ pinching your hand when cold ftl
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain

Post by Bwcad1 »

loudwagon15s wrote:move to a warmer place, no frozen locks, no salt on the roads, and no cold working conditions. :D Hitting/ pinching your hand when cold ftl
you shut the hell up!
ImageImage

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain

Post by MobileAudio219 »

I don't know, I don't think I'd like living in a place with just one season.
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
falkenbd

Post by falkenbd »

MobileAudio219 wrote:I don't know, I don't think I'd like living in a place with just one season.
i'd have a grand old time living in a climate where womn are prone to wearing bikinis all th time
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain

Post by MobileAudio219 »

falkenbd wrote:i'd have a grand old time living in a climate where womn are prone to wearing bikinis all th time

That's true... You have a point there!
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain

Post by CaptainPioneer »

Bwcad1 wrote:Ok whats the difference? How many doors have you pulled apart and checked out the mechanism? Its wild man. there all pretty much the same. like seriously can you believe that? I've taken off hundreds of doors and never seen a single remarkable design difference. Maybe you just have shitty luck? Who knows either way happens on all cars and id bet serious money it has nothing to do with one manufacture over the other.

By the way your original response was in no way helpful to the OP and his problem. So im gonna assume you were trolling especially since you said

What can I say... Sometimes I get bored at work and like to get people involved and heated... Its just funny.
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain

Post by Bwcad1 »

CaptainPioneer wrote:What can I say... Sometimes I get bored at work and like to get people involved and heated... Its just funny.
Involved Yes heated No.
ImageImage

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
falkenbd

Post by falkenbd »

Bwcad1 wrote:Involved Yes heated No.
maybe if we were heated our door locks wouldn't ice up....