Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan. Detailed and Dropped on 350z Suspension

A Place to Discuss Modifications done to your cars.

Moderators: William from NOLA, GlassWolf

JeremyC
Master of My Domain

Post by JeremyC »

Hey brandon, something you haven't really touched on is your goals, and what sub stage you will be running. Its easy to point out 1000 nice comp sets that we have used.

But diffrent sub stages will require diffrent abilities from your front stage.

So what are your overall plans for your stereo?

And how much modding do you plan to do with the interior. Its kinda pointless to point you towards a 3 way set if you want to stick with the stock locations.
Audiophile

Post by Audiophile »

Hmmm overall goal is hard to describe really. I enjoy a prounounced tweeter, but not a "sharp" tweeter, which is why I'd like to stick with a soft dome tweeter, such as silk. I also enjoy a very punchy midrange/midbass, but not to the point of muddiness. Bass is my addiction. I thoroughly enjoy my substage to feel like I have a toddler kicking the back of my seat (lol). BUT, I like my mids to fill in all the way down to around 60hz, and the sub to take over from there down. I prefer to have the sub only kick in on a hard kick-drum slam, etc.

Fitment-wise, the tweet and mid will go in the kickpanel for the best staging, and the midrange will go in it's stock location in the door.

Overall goal is musical QUALITY, not quantity. I could care less if it's the loudest thing on the block, but I do like to listen loud, so whatever I go with needs to be distortion free to say....hell I don't know, but I like to get loud. The sub on the other hand doesn't need to be as loud, as long as it's pronounced and VERY punchy. Sub stage will most likely come in the form of a treo SSi 12". Power for the sub stage, if budget allows it, would come from a Zapco 750.2.

Keep in mind gentleman, that this build is going to be done in MANY steps. My budget doesn't allow me to do it all at once, as I would like to. The source unit for now is going to stay stock; I would love to replace it with a double din some time in the future, but at the price of a fit-kit for this car (the metra one blows ass), I'll stay stock for now.

That help Jeremy? Sorry I didn't throw any of this out there before guys.
Audiophile

Post by Audiophile »

cargodz wrote:Now after the front end conversion I could live with the saloon :)
Saloon? I assume you meant sedan LOL
Bwcad1 wrote:Those rims = secks.

I R NINJACAT
Which rims? The ones on the coupe converted sedan, or on the white coupe, or on the white sedan I posted earlier?
OnYrMrk wrote:I second that Brandon, Morel Elates are right up there with the Dyns and a bit under the price range of the Dyns. Also Focal has some nice speakers to look at too. Their new range is using soft dome tweeters.
I've never actually had the chance to hear a set of Morel's in person, which could be why I'm hesitant to them. As far as Focal's go, I've only ever heard their entry level comps powered by a shitty Kicker 2ch amp.

I lean towards the Dyn's because I have heard MANY MANY sets of them installed and they sound absolutely incredible. Like I said, though, I can't really compare as they're really the only HiFi company whose drivers I've heard properly installed and powered.
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain

Post by Bwcad1 »

Take a look at the alpine Imprint systems Specifically the stand alone processor i think that would be your best option. im looking to use one in my car. i feel its better than the clean sweep or the RF360

The gun metal ones on the blue one. by the way my pics where they b?
ImageImage

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Audiophile

Post by Audiophile »

the RF360 has to be controlled by a windows mobile device. Not diggin that.

The cleansweep does not have a dedicated subwoofer output.

The Imprint systems are kinda cool and all, but I've got one in mind already. I'll have to grab the name of it again from my boy Josh.
cargodz
Master of My Domain

Post by cargodz »

Audiophile wrote:Saloon? I assume you meant sedan LOL
Saloon is the Brit name for the sedan... Just thought I'd be fancy :p lol
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
OnYrMrk

Post by OnYrMrk »

Brandon, you can also look into Audison's Bit One processor. It is going to be outrageous!
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
JeremyC
Master of My Domain

Post by JeremyC »

The morel elate 3 way, and dyn 3 way are very close to the same sound. Both use under hung coil configs, polly cones, a domed mid, and soft dome tweet.

I wish you could here the morel elate matched with the supremo tweets. If you like the dyn tweet, you would fall in love with the supremo.

Hell Joe fell in love with a set, hooked to a boss amp.
Audiophile

Post by Audiophile »

cargodz wrote:Saloon is the Brit name for the sedan... Just thought I'd be fancy :p lol
LOL Don't I feel foolish. :o
OnYrMrk wrote:Brandon, you can also look into Audison's Bit One processor. It is going to be outrageous!
I'll definitely look into it, thanks!
JeremyC wrote:The morel elate 3 way, and dyn 3 way are very close to the same sound. Both use under hung coil configs, polly cones, a domed mid, and soft dome tweet.
I wish you could here the morel elate matched with the supremo tweets. If you like the dyn tweet, you would fall in love with the supremo.
Hell Joe fell in love with a set, hooked to a boss amp.
Wait...who's Joe again? *so confused, feels blonde* Joe=OnYrMrk?? :confused : :confused

I'll see if I can't locate a dealer around here who carries Morel, but I doubt that happens.

Onto a new subject. How does everyone feel about TREO? I fell in 100% love with the driver the first time I heard one, but on the same note, I've only ever heard them powered by a Zapco DC750.2, which would have a lot to do with the cleanliness of the sound...

As I said before, I listen to mostly alternative rock, so I need a sub that can keep up, and an amp that is clean and strong enough to throw down some excursion, but then quickly throw down a 5-slam drum solo. Ideas other than the TREO SSi? IDQ maybe?
falkenbd

Post by falkenbd »

I recently put a Massive TW12 in a friend's car. Pretty good value for the price. Cargodz carries them. If you are looking for something inexpensive to try, I'd give it a shot, or a DIYMA 12.