Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

I have a question about selling my car? What if it breaks after I sell it?

A Place to Discuss Modifications done to your cars.

Moderators: William from NOLA, GlassWolf

samuelclinton

I have a question about selling my car? What if it breaks after I sell it?

Post by samuelclinton »

:RE Hi
suggestion for my this question "I have a question about selling my car? What if it breaks after I sell it?"
thanks for advances
:RE
Ryan from Ohio

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Not your problem?

:cheers:
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Chris from Washington

Post by Chris from Washington »

When you write the bill of sale, just say as is no warranty etc. and have the buyer sign it.
OnYrMrk

Post by OnYrMrk »

If you suspect it will fail after the sale, then for ethics sake, inform the potential buyer of potential problems. If he underbids you, he may have the price of repair in his mind.

if you know it will fail, then this is an absolute must. Otherwise you are not being very fair to your buyer.

if transaction has already occurred, and then it failed, it is on the buyer. It is his fault for not having a mechanic look at the car prior to buying.
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
Tim
Master of My Domain

Post by Tim »

OnYrMrk wrote:If you suspect it will fail after the sale, then for ethics sake, inform the potential buyer of potential problems. If he underbids you, he may have the price of repair in his mind.
if you know it will fail, then this is an absolute must. Otherwise you are not being very fair to your buyer.
if transaction has already occurred, and then it failed, it is on the buyer. It is his fault for not having a mechanic look at the car prior to buying.

X2 on entire post.

Tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
swimmerdude
Master of My Domain

Post by swimmerdude »

OnYrMrk wrote:If you suspect it will fail after the sale, then for ethics sake, inform the potential buyer of potential problems. If he underbids you, he may have the price of repair in his mind.
x3 on all of that.

after he leaves your driveway there is no legal action he can take against you. just for good practice, write up a bill of sale and state the vehicle is sold as is, no warranty.
annhall5

Post by annhall5 »

Make sure you say on the bill of sale sold as is with the mileage when sold and that you accept no responsibility in repairs after the date you sell it
wulfman

Re: I have a question about selling my car? What if it breaks after I sell it?

Post by wulfman »

depends on the terms. you can either state you are not responsible when you sell it or will give a refund before x amount of days. probably hand write a contract or something.
Chris from Washington

Re: I have a question about selling my car? What if it breaks after I sell it?

Post by Chris from Washington »

This thread is over 5 years old, please don't bump unless there is something new to add.

Thanks!