Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Changes i would like to see

Mafia style text RPG, just for fun for our community.
JeremyC
Master of My Domain

Changes i would like to see

Post by JeremyC »

Some of these are to make the game a little more even, and give new people a chance to actually catch the old players. There is no point spending money on points if You will never be competitive.

The rest is just to make it a little more fun.

1. Have a way to bust people out of jail.

2. Make the crimes worth more. Especially in experiance.

3. Change the cost to refill energy and intent to a set 10 points.

4. Make it so intent refills at the same speed as energy.

5. Change the gym security code so it only comes up once every 20 min. Having it on every turn will stop a LOT of people from continuing to play, and it will stop even more from purchasing points.

6. I would be nice if the experiance you get for a kill matches the lvl of the person you are killing. Right now I can kill a level 30 and I get 20 experiance points. Or I can kill a level 1 and I get 20 experiance points. It kind of defeats the purpose of training stats till you level way up.

7. Make it so we can mug a person numerous times without them going to the hospital. You make less money with a mug, and they still end up dead. It kills the whole point of being able to mug. ESPECIALLY since you can kill them for a single point of energy, but it cost 10 intent to mug.

8. Put a gym in all the cities.

Personally, I think all the cities should have the same options. If city A has a gym and a gas station, then city B, C, and D should too. Yes the items inside of the shop, market, and gas station can be diffrent. But there is no point to have multiple cities, if you have to go back to the main one to use the gym.

9. Let some more people by the largest house. Right now only one person can have it.

10. Make it so a single shot will refill your stamina. Especially if you have to have full HP to do it in the first place.

11. Give us a way to buy points, shots, and so on with ingame money. Right now the game is FLOODED with money. I wouldn't make it permant, but we should get a chance every couple mionths to spend in game money on points. That will get the market going, and get some money off of the server.

12. Remove the point cost for buying the stuff to make meth. Its ok if it cost you a lot of ingame money. But charging that many points will keep most players from doing it.

13. Give us some more options for point packs. Right now the highest is 500 if I remember correct. I would add 1000, 5000, maybe and 25000. (Discounted toward the larger packs)

15. Clean up the interface anywhere you can. The game is a lot of fun, but it takes a while to figure out. I've played a couple games like it. Even made it pretty high in the HOF. But this one still took me a while to figure out.
TorinoMafia

Post by TorinoMafia »

I agree with quite a lot of that Jeremy; the main ones though are the gyms being in all cities- or at least most of them; and the security entry when you do want to train- it's getting a pain in the butt to keep doing it every time!! Nothing major I don't think, but these changes will just smooth out the game and make it a bit more enjoyable to the long term player :-)
Chris from Washington

Post by Chris from Washington »

Some of these are to make the game a little more even, and give new people a chance to actually catch the old players. There is no point spending money on points if You will never be competitive.
I've seen a quite a few new players jump in the ranking very fast, using the free points I've given them for promotions and training. How could I make it more 'even' and not alienate the players who have been playing for 4 years? It wouldn't be fair for them if some player who started a month ago, can all of a sudden match their stats

The rest is just to make it a little more fun.

1. Have a way to bust people out of jail.
I can maybe make it so other players can try and bust you .

2. Make the crimes worth more. Especially in experiance.
I've been meaning to make more crimes, just need to think of some more. If you have any funny type ones that go along with the other ones we have, please let me know.

3. Change the cost to refill energy and intent to a set 10 points.
Ya the refill energy etc point cost was a mishap on my part, I didn't take into account just how much energy higher level players have. When I get a chance, I'll make it a set amount.

4. Make it so intent refills at the same speed as energy.
There are items you can use to fill intent that are cheap.

5. Change the gym security code so it only comes up once every 20 min. Having it on every turn will stop a LOT of people from continuing to play, and it will stop even more from purchasing points.
Not changing this, too many games out there were ruined by people running scripts that would do all the training/refilling over and over again. The security code helps combat this. Even if it was a 20 minute interval, a script could put a tens of millions of stats on a player.

6. I would be nice if the experiance you get for a kill matches the lvl of the person you are killing. Right now I can kill a level 30 and I get 20 experiance points. Or I can kill a level 1 and I get 20 experiance points. It kind of defeats the purpose of training stats till you level way up.
The level varies depending how much difference there is between your level and his. Right now If I attack a level 1, I only get about 4-5 exp. But say at a level 30, you attack a level 45 you're going to get 100+. If you attack someone at the same level as you, you're going to get the base experience, since your only attacking someone at the same level as you.

7. Make it so we can mug a person numerous times without them going to the hospital. You make less money with a mug, and they still end up dead. It kills the whole point of being able to mug. ESPECIALLY since you can kill them for a single point of energy, but it cost 10 intent to mug.
You actually make MORE money on a mug then attacking, it puts them in the hospital to stop the mass muggings I saw in other games. It got old when that would happen all the time.

8. Put a gym in all the cities.
The reason the gym is only in Downtown, is to force people to move around and take a chance of someone else dropping a suicide bomb. That's part of the risk you go downtown, you take a chance of ending up in the hosptial.

Personally, I think all the cities should have the same options. If city A has a gym and a gas station, then city B, C, and D should too. Yes the items inside of the shop, market, and gas station can be diffrent. But there is no point to have multiple cities, if you have to go back to the main one to use the gym.
That's not how I want the game to be, sorry. But as you unlock levels you unlock more cities with more options. Again as to the last one, if every city had everything you needed. People would never move around, they would just hide out in the highest city possible.

9. Let some more people by the largest house. Right now only one person can have it.
Yes only one person can have it at a time, but that make it fun. The person who has, has to pay the hefty taxes each week or they lose it. So if you want it, then bomb away and keep going after them until they can't afford it anymore. That's part of the strategy of the game

10. Make it so a single shot will refill your stamina. Especially if you have to have full HP to do it in the first place.
Different items fill it up at different amounts. You don't need to have full HP, it's just that with your low level you maxHP is low.

11. Give us a way to buy points, shots, and so on with ingame money. Right now the game is FLOODED with money. I wouldn't make it permant, but we should get a chance every couple mionths to spend in game money on points. That will get the market going, and get some money off of the server.
Those are donator items, that's what supports the game. You can buy all those items in the markets if donators decide to sell them.

12. Remove the point cost for buying the stuff to make meth. Its ok if it cost you a lot of ingame money. But charging that many points will keep most players from doing it.
AGain, those are donator features. I can't have every single thing in the game be free

15. Clean up the interface anywhere you can. The game is a lot of fun, but it takes a while to figure out. I've played a couple games like it. Even made it pretty high in the HOF. But this one still took me a while to figure out.
I'm open to suggestions, the game to me make sense and is easy to use. What part couldn't you figure out? The most used items are in the left navigation and the dynamic city specific items are in the explore city option
TorinoMafia

Post by TorinoMafia »

Nice rebuttal Chris!!
For a crime, how about a pitch invasion (streaking lol); either you get caught and put in prison for 10 mins- but still get some experience, or you escape and get double the experience than if you were caught? I'm sure you could get some funny photos ;-)
I'll think of some more...

Some time later...
Steal doughnuts from a police car whilst no one is watching
Steal some type of pet from pet shop
Steal toilet seat from public toilets!

Maybe some more crimes that could be done at work, not sure exactly what, but the higher level you get, the more you can do??