Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

What did they do to Cardomain?

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
Chris from Washington

What did they do to Cardomain?

Post by Chris from Washington »

I've had a page dedicated to my Camaro on CarDomain since around '99. Recently, I revisited the site to make some updates, only to be puzzled by the changes they've made to everyone's pages.

The detailed history of my car's restoration, along with pages showcasing my LED work and audio enhancements, has vanished. Now, visitors are greeted with random images paired with seemingly unrelated text. Who thought this new design was a good idea?

Based on what I've observed in their forum, it seems like nobody is happy with the changes. People are leaving in droves, making it arguably the worst site redesign launch ever. Did they even bother testing the site with members before going live? I doubt it, considering how unpopular this new format is.

It seems that the CarDomain staff has lost sight of the site's original purpose—a space for car enthusiasts to create detailed 'pages' showcasing their rides, sharing history, and offering tutorials on custom work. It's disheartening to see all that functionality replaced by a superficial, "look at me now" Facebook-style format.

Do you have any recommendations for other sites that still maintain the old CarDomain format?
Chris from Washington

2 months later and they still haven't fixed anything.
I've never seen so much site fail before.
Scarrell
Master of My Domain

Post by Scarrell »

That sucks big ones! I havent been on sound domain or car domain in years but i "had" pics and sh!t of a couple cars on there that i probably do not have copies of.. i guess we'd best find any pics we have ever uploaded and save them. im worried places like photobucket and such will shutdown outta no where and ill lose a ton of crap then lol. def going to back everything up to a dvd
Chris from Washington

ya I've been backing stuff up, and putting my pictures in several places now just to be safe.

If you ever do want to highlight a car, you should check out driiive.com, they seem to be really wanting to make a great site for it users. Instead of trying to ruin it at every turn like CD did.
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain

Post by MobileAudio219 »

Can't stand their new late out. Driiive.com is pretty cool thus far.
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chris from Washington

Re: What did they do to Cardomain?

Bring this back from the dead, but looks like CarDomain was finally put out of it's misery.
Site is gone and forwards to MotorTrends site.

Anyone else know of a good site to showcase your rides? Drivn is the only one I know of it, but that site also hasn't been updated in years and seems abandoned.
Chris from Washington

Re: What did they do to Cardomain?

Well anyone coming to this thread from Google, you're in luck.
Because I decided to do it myself, and create a site similar to how CarDomain was back in the day.

Join today, and share updates about your rides.
https://www.caraudiocentral.net/

This forum has been online for 20+ years, so this site is not going anywhere so don't be afraid of losing all your online history again.