Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Hey, I know you!

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Hey, I know you!

by joeyc » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 pm

LOL Well buddy, new pentium is kind of an oxymoron now days. Pentium is an old name no longer used by intel. Its Core 2 and Core I7. You want an I7! I promise!

As far as seeing performance gains, you won't in normal computing. You will see gains in audio and video conversion/compression, and you will also gain a few fps in games. Anything thats gonna put your processor under stress for more than a few seconds will show noticeable speed improvement. However you will run into instability if not done properly, or if you push it to hard. Now overclocking your video card on the other hand, you see big fps gains when done right!

by falkenbd » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:22 am

I haven't overclocked for a while, I never noticed much gain when I did and my current processor isn't unlocked.

Maybe when I get a new Pentium I'll do it again.

by Bwcad1 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:20 am

I am.

by joeyc » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:07 pm

wow not one overclocker?

by NorthQuad » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:57 pm

Haha. Awww.... that's funny.

I don't even know enough about the subject or I'd be all up in this overclocking conversation.

by joeyc » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:35 pm

Guess that answers that question.......

by joeyc » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:42 am

Thought I'd tell you guys what my hobby has been while ignoring the advancement of car audio, computer overclocking! As bill can attest, it can be quite annoying to be playing cod4 with a guy who is constantly trying to push the envelope on his overclock! I was just curious who else toys, has toyed, with overclocking there computer. My first attempt at getting back into it, I had done it a few years back as well, was water cooling. My first setup sounded like a huey landing in my room. Cheap fans ftmfl! I did manage to get a q6600 to 3.8 ghz with 28-30 celsius idle temps, and around 45 celsius on a load. I'm back to an air setup, for now! My current rig is as follows.....
Q9550 lapped @ 3.7 ghz idle 32 C load 53 C
Xigmatek dark knight 120mm lapped
4 gb ocz Reaper ddr2 @ 1149 mhz 5 6 6 15
Asus P5Q-E
2X Western Digital RE3 250gb raid 0(two more soon maybe)
HIS 4870 1GB, reference design....waiting for 5000 series
22x burner
xClio blackhawk case. BEST CASE FOR THE MONEY! Its huge with tons of cooling.

I fell back on this hobby because of my situation here and not being able to fulfill my obligations with taking care of my mother.

by joeyc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:30 pm

Well still have the elates in my truck, but the ultimo is in the garage. an execution is in it's place right now, soon to be replaced by an Fsq. Speaking which, almost done bill?

by William from NOLA » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:49 pm

Joey, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm dying for my ID8's box to get finished. I have my old Infinity Perfect 12 for the time being and it's just not cutting it lol!

by joeyc » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:12 am

Joe! I no longer have your old cell phone number, because you had a new one. :p how's about you call me

Top