by kbakken » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:57 pm
Thanks. I did research it a bit. I opted to upgrade to 4ga, for both safety sake, and future-proofing.
However, just installed the PDX-M6 and having an issue with turn-off pop in the subs. BUT, it only does it when the driver door is OPEN, and I turn the stereo off, or turn off the key, then open the door. Keep in mind that this vehicle has RAP (Retained Accessory Power on GMs) where you turn off the car, and the accessory power stays on until you open the driver door. I tested all cases, and it would only pop in cases of me having the driver door open.
All other cases like just pressing the on/off button while the key is on or off and door closed, doesn't produce the turn-off pop. This didn't happen with my old amp (Clarion APX1000.2).
The thing is too, that it sometimes produces the pop when turning the stereo on then off with the door open using either the on/off button or the key. But one thing is for sure, that the pop happens for sure every time I turn off the key, then open the door which turns off RAP.
This has me baffled! :help:
Thanks. I did research it a bit. I opted to upgrade to 4ga, for both safety sake, and future-proofing.
However, just installed the PDX-M6 and having an issue with turn-off pop in the subs. BUT, it only does it when the driver door is OPEN, and I turn the stereo off, or turn off the key, then open the door. Keep in mind that this vehicle has RAP (Retained Accessory Power on GMs) where you turn off the car, and the accessory power stays on until you open the driver door. I tested all cases, and it would only pop in cases of me having the driver door open.
All other cases like just pressing the on/off button while the key is on or off and door closed, doesn't produce the turn-off pop. This didn't happen with my old amp (Clarion APX1000.2).
The thing is too, that it sometimes produces the pop when turning the stereo on then off with the door open using either the on/off button or the key. But one thing is for sure, that the pop happens for sure every time I turn off the key, then open the door which turns off RAP.
This has me baffled! :help: