by donpisto » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:16 am
I don't think you would need to do any cutting. Before even doing that why not try creating a baffle. basically a simple mdf board (if you can 3/4") and place it over where the oem speaker goes and place the 6.5 over it. I'll be doing that with my 01 accord. What you have to always do is measure though and when you are deciding how thick your MDF is going to be make sure you roll your windows down so you can measure cleanly for clearance and also check the mounting depth of speaker. Id suggest buying some sound deadening while you're at it like fatmat or eDead from elemental designs.
I don't think you would need to do any cutting. Before even doing that why not try creating a baffle. basically a simple mdf board (if you can 3/4") and place it over where the oem speaker goes and place the 6.5 over it. I'll be doing that with my 01 accord. What you have to always do is measure though and when you are deciding how thick your MDF is going to be make sure you roll your windows down so you can measure cleanly for clearance and also check the mounting depth of speaker. Id suggest buying some sound deadening while you're at it like fatmat or eDead from elemental designs.