Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Setting Gains with Diamond 3 800.1

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Setting Gains with Diamond 3 800.1

by KingofChaos » Tue May 29, 2007 9:08 am

Its all good man. Well thats the thing, there are two sets of physical outputs but they're both the same channel, but I didnt know that when I posted the question, so I was confused.

by cargodz » Mon May 28, 2007 11:53 pm

Like Jonnyb said... I think you were just trying to overthink it, sorry if it seemed like I came off rude (didn't mean it that way at all), just seemed with only 1 set of outs to test, seemed really simplistic and ya kinda stunned me with the question. :)

by KingofChaos » Mon May 28, 2007 2:33 pm

Thanks jonnyb, Ryan From Ohio helped my out with it via. AIM. And yes cargodz i did. Did you actually read my post?

by jonnyb » Mon May 28, 2007 12:08 pm

huh?
there is only one set of speaker outputs on that amps. there are just two positives, and two negative terminals. nothing special.
you can use either positive and either negative to get the same voltage.
dont over-think it.

by cargodz » Mon May 28, 2007 11:14 am

Did you actually read the "How to"?
Stated in there is this:
Use this equation to figure out voltage power output:
- Take the RMS wattage per channel and multiply by speaker(s) ohm load
- Now take that number and push the square root button on the calculator
Example: 50 Watts RMS x 4ohm load = 200, square root = 14.142135
So the voltage reading for our example on the digital multi-meter should be 14.1

Setting Gains with Diamond 3 800.1

by KingofChaos » Sun May 27, 2007 4:00 pm

Well I want to set my gains using a DMM, but I've run into a little problem, because even though my amp is a mono block, it has 2 sets of speaker outputs, so it self parallels instead of you having to wire it that way. This complicates using the DMM, because I'm not sure whether or not I just one set of outputs and look for the voltage I want, so bridge the DMM, etc. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Top