Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Setting Gains with Diamond 3 800.1

All questions related to amplifier installation and troubleshooting.
KingofChaos
Junior Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:18 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Setting Gains with Diamond 3 800.1

Post by KingofChaos »

Well I want to set my gains using a DMM, but I've run into a little problem, because even though my amp is a mono block, it has 2 sets of speaker outputs, so it self parallels instead of you having to wire it that way. This complicates using the DMM, because I'm not sure whether or not I just one set of outputs and look for the voltage I want, so bridge the DMM, etc. Any feedback would be appreciated.
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

Did you actually read the "How to"?
Stated in there is this:
Use this equation to figure out voltage power output:
- Take the RMS wattage per channel and multiply by speaker(s) ohm load
- Now take that number and push the square root button on the calculator
Example: 50 Watts RMS x 4ohm load = 200, square root = 14.142135
So the voltage reading for our example on the digital multi-meter should be 14.1
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
User avatar
jonnyb
Senior Member
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:00 am
Location: The Awesome Lands

Post by jonnyb »

huh?
there is only one set of speaker outputs on that amps. there are just two positives, and two negative terminals. nothing special.
you can use either positive and either negative to get the same voltage.
dont over-think it.
KingofChaos
Junior Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:18 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Post by KingofChaos »

Thanks jonnyb, Ryan From Ohio helped my out with it via. AIM. And yes cargodz i did. Did you actually read my post?
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

Like Jonnyb said... I think you were just trying to overthink it, sorry if it seemed like I came off rude (didn't mean it that way at all), just seemed with only 1 set of outs to test, seemed really simplistic and ya kinda stunned me with the question. :)
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
KingofChaos
Junior Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:18 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Post by KingofChaos »

Its all good man. Well thats the thing, there are two sets of physical outputs but they're both the same channel, but I didnt know that when I posted the question, so I was confused.
Post Reply