Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Helix Slim 12

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Helix Slim 12

Re: Helix Slim 12

by AmericanPride » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:53 pm

Chris from Washington wrote:I don't have any experience with those, but I've used the Dayton shallow mounts and they sounded good but I ended up blowing that one pretty quick.

I now have the Pioneer shallow mount, and so far so good.
What happened to my reply with a picture?

[ATTACH]

Pioneer and Kicker both went Wal Mart. Not what they used to be.

I like the design of the Helix and I know it's a quality brand. Just nobody carries them here and I've only installed I think 3 slims over my years installing. So I'm not too familiar. Lol
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1357019342399.jpg

Re: Helix Slim 12

by AmericanPride » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:47 pm

MobileAudio219 wrote:I think kicker has a shallow sub that is suppose to be pretty good.
Not anymore. They went wal mart too. :-(

by MobileAudio219 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:06 pm

I think kicker has a shallow sub that is suppose to be pretty good.

by Chris from Washington » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:37 pm

Oh I thought about the Fosgate shallow, but it's mounting depth was too deep to put into my 4Runner.
I only had like 2.5 inches to work with, and the Fosgate I think was 3.5.

by Chris from Washington » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:33 pm

It looks very similar to the Dayton sub I had
Image

Re: Helix Slim 12

by AmericanPride » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:45 pm

Chris from Washington wrote:I don't have any experience with those, but I've used the Dayton shallow mounts and they sounded good but I ended up blowing that one pretty quick.

I now have the Pioneer shallow mount, and so far so good.
I'm actually an Installer, I've just never seen these in town. I know they're a good brand...I just really don't have experience with the brand personally and honestly have installed maybe 3 slims over the years. Lol.

I'm really not a fan of Pioneer since the Wal Mart deal. I would go fosgate even first.

The Helix just has a nice design and she looks a lot tougher than everybody else. Unfortunately a normal sub just won't work for me right now. I may ditch the 60/40 split for buckets and I'll build a custom console with a glass enclosure in it eventually.

Image

by Chris from Washington » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:10 pm

AmericanPride wrote:Anybody have any experience with these?

I'm thinking about running 2 of these in my extended Ranger. I'm going to build a box like a false floor with the subs down firing. I thought about port/vented but the requirements for air are almost double.

I want the best response possible without selling my first born.

Any tips?

Thanks!
I don't have any experience with those, but I've used the Dayton shallow mounts and they sounded good but I ended up blowing that one pretty quick.

I now have the Pioneer shallow mount, and so far so good.

Helix Slim 12

by AmericanPride » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:29 am

Anybody have any experience with these?

I'm thinking about running 2 of these in my extended Ranger. I'm going to build a box like a false floor with the subs down firing. I thought about port/vented but the requirements for air are almost double.

I want the best response possible without selling my first born.

Any tips?

Thanks!

Top