Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Constant Popping Sound

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Constant Popping Sound

by solacedagony » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:56 pm

I've run JVC HUs exclusively before this Eclipse that I bought and the only problem I seemed to have was with the mechanical face in the cold and an odd intermittent problem with the buttons after about 2 years of hard use.
So I'd vouch for either company.
And like the other guys said, you're going to get a longer use out of a higher quality HU. When we talk about quality of a product, we're generally referring to failure rates and longevity.

by two4fifteen » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:44 pm

im a college student as well. its called putting alittle aside and saving what you can to finally afford what you really want, not whats available NOW.

by Syris » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:19 am

Ok well Ive never had dual in my mind as a great cd player. But my sony that ive had for a few years is starting to crap out on me and I picked this dual up real cheap. I bet the clarion is nice but for a college student its hard to justify spending 100$ on another cd player.

by CaptainPioneer » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:05 am

The HU isnt really that good... Dual sprung up as a flashy looking HU that really doesnt perform well... personally THat Clarion is a great HU much better for you than that Dual

by Syris » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:40 am

well I know I can get sound out of this unit. Just a matter of what I'm missin right now

by TechSys » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:26 am

That Clarion 545MP is a real nice unit. I ran one for quite a while, still have it for backup.

by Syris » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:04 pm

well ive already decided if this one dont fly im only going with pioneer the rest of the time

by audiofreak12 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:53 pm

I have a Clarion dxz545MP that would love for you to make you it's new owner. It plays MP3's and WMA's too. It could stand a cleaning but other than that there are no problems. I also have a Kenwood HU for sale. Its the last year model of this one http://www.crutchfield.com/S-EO4lLFZr7K ... ay=Kenwood I'd take $100 bucks for either of 'em if your interested. The Kenwood is in perfect shape, I baught it in January and used it until May then sold the truck and took it out.

by two4fifteen » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:20 pm

dual isn't exactly synanamous with quality... it may just be a bad hu

a good hu is worth investing in, even as little as 150 can get something pretty decent, like a premier.

by Syris » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:14 pm

Fixed Problem

Disconected all wires including speakers

rewired only yellow red and black

few pops and it quit....

1 problem has led to another though.

Now I cant get any sound to play through at all. Radio nor cd will play any sounds through speakers.

Top