Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Faceplate help...

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Faceplate help...

by Tim » Wed May 27, 2009 3:11 pm

man I read the reply in my inbox and was like...huh...wrong face plate dude. LOL

glad you guys caught and banned him.


tim

by Chris from Washington » Tue May 26, 2009 7:18 am

I've been seeing a ton of other forums, getting spammed lately.
I wonder how this works, I'll have to look into it and see if VB has found a fix for it yet.

by Ryan from Ohio » Tue May 26, 2009 7:14 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xrumer

Evidently he is using Xrumer. I had no idea what it is... But he had a link in his profile for something. I copied and pasted. First thing that came up was the above page.

So its ban time.

Evidently the program bypass's the CHAPTCHA thing were using now... Great.

And your spot on Chris. Thats exactly what that one was doing.

by Chris from Washington » Tue May 26, 2009 7:01 am

MagicOPromotion wrote:>>No Meta's for you.<<
What in the world are you talking about?
If this is spam you're going to be banned very quickly and your posts will be deleted. So if you're trying to get some meta keywords or something going it won't work.

by Bwcad1 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:14 pm

What are you cleaning it with?

by thebigo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:11 pm

Chris from Washington wrote: At least that's what I think is wrong with mine, the display will go out, controls won't work but the radio still goes like it's on.
Yeah, that's my problem, it doesn't work more than it works... I'm faxing the receipts today, and I should get a call later on tonight or tomorrow with what they are going to do about it... I always took good care of my radio, this can't be normal "wear and tear" damage, so I'm hoping to get a new replacement...

Btw, mine is a DEH-P4800MP

by Jon » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:28 am

FWIW I have a Pioneer HU that has a similar problem. Mine started after I added the iPod cable for the IP Bus connector. I think that is the root of mine locking up after I eject a CD. Basically, when I eject a CD then insert another, the face goes dim and it appears to lose power. Then I have to turn off the key and back on to get it to reset. Then it works fine again until I eject a CD again. I just live with it because I rarely use my CD deck anymore. I primarily use my iPod.

BTW I have a DEH-940MP

by Chris from Washington » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:57 pm

thebigo wrote:I've tried that every time... It still doesn't work... It's ok though because Pioneer may replace my h/u after I send them the 2 repair receipts.
I have an Alpine that does something similar.

What I think the problem is, that there is a trace or solder joint on the circuit board inside the faceplace that is cracked or not making good contact.

Since faceplates get so much abuse by removing and replacing over and over. I think as you mess around with it, you sometimes make the needed contacts, other times you don't.

At least that's what I think is wrong with mine, the display will go out, controls won't work but the radio still goes like it's on.

by thebigo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:03 pm

I've tried that every time... It still doesn't work... It's ok though because Pioneer may replace my h/u after I send them the 2 repair receipts.

by Bwcad1 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:35 pm

Clean the contacts on the back of the face plate 9/10 ten that works

Top