Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Search found 14 matches

by kbakken
Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:53 am
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: Specs for APX1000.2 in Sum Mono Mode / Replacement Amp Suggestions
Replies: 19
Views: 11540

I believe it may be the AudioControl DQL-8 unit. This would be the second time it had pop issues (although this one is more finnicky because of the door thing). So I emailed AudioControl and sent it in to them. Hopefully, they are actually going to replace the PCB as they say. I do think their custo...
by kbakken
Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:10 pm
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: Specs for APX1000.2 in Sum Mono Mode / Replacement Amp Suggestions
Replies: 19
Views: 11540

Battery is in the trunk for this car (makes it super handy). All components (except for the OEM Radio) are grounded to the same spot on the chassis where the negative battery terminal is grounded (about 8-10" from negative post). I even upgraded the battery ground to 0ga.
by kbakken
Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:55 am
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: Specs for APX1000.2 in Sum Mono Mode / Replacement Amp Suggestions
Replies: 19
Views: 11540

So I did some more testing. The pop is definitely coming down the RCA signal path (as I can disconnect the RCAs at the PDX-M6, and it won't pop). Possibly from the DQL-8. BUT it still only happens with the door cases. The way it is setup now: The DQL-8 is turning on via it's signal sensing from the ...
by kbakken
Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:57 pm
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: Specs for APX1000.2 in Sum Mono Mode / Replacement Amp Suggestions
Replies: 19
Views: 11540

Thanks. I did research it a bit. I opted to upgrade to 4ga, for both safety sake, and future-proofing. However, just installed the PDX-M6 and having an issue with turn-off pop in the subs. BUT, it only does it when the driver door is OPEN, and I turn the stereo off, or turn off the key, then open th...
by kbakken
Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:55 pm
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: Specs for APX1000.2 in Sum Mono Mode / Replacement Amp Suggestions
Replies: 19
Views: 11540

Here's a question for ya... Just bought the PDX-M6 today, but haven't installed yet (probably tomorrow). In my current/old setup I have 4awg wire from the battery going to a distribution block, then 8awg to each of the amps (4ch and sub amp). The APX1000.2 seemed to be fine on 8awg. The manual to th...
by kbakken
Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:14 am
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: Specs for APX1000.2 in Sum Mono Mode / Replacement Amp Suggestions
Replies: 19
Views: 11540

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check all that out. Definitely have been out of the scene for quite some time. I'm at Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. So car audio really isn't the most practical thing here, as we really only get about 4 months of summer. Our temperatures range from +30C (+86F) to -40C ...
by kbakken
Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:48 pm
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: Specs for APX1000.2 in Sum Mono Mode / Replacement Amp Suggestions
Replies: 19
Views: 11540

Thanks for that, I just may check that stuff out. Like I said before, anything sensory is VERY subjective. No matter how technically accurate, different people will have varying opinions about what they are experiencing. For myself, I am not looking to have the craziest most accurate setup (especial...
by kbakken
Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:03 pm
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: Specs for APX1000.2 in Sum Mono Mode / Replacement Amp Suggestions
Replies: 19
Views: 11540

That JBL does look like a good unit. I'll have to check it out. However, I am not sure what you mean about the rear speaker stuff. First, I think it is pretty subjective in terms of what sounds good to different people. I feel that a rear stage makes the listening experience more full and emersive. ...
by kbakken
Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:33 am
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: Specs for APX1000.2 in Sum Mono Mode / Replacement Amp Suggestions
Replies: 19
Views: 11540

Thanks. That's what I was kind of thinking. I'm sure the Clarion could drive them well enough, but I do like the idea of more headroom and a cooler running amp. I also wouldn't mind trying a new brand. I am definitely not a "basshead", as I like a well rounded clean sound all around. Somet...
by kbakken
Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:46 pm
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: Specs for APX1000.2 in Sum Mono Mode / Replacement Amp Suggestions
Replies: 19
Views: 11540

Specs for APX1000.2 in Sum Mono Mode / Replacement Amp Suggestions

My Clarion APX1000.2 finally died at about 8 years of age. Had it into tan electronics shop for repair, but the board is just too messed to be worth fixing. I am in the market for a replacement amp for my 2 12" DVC Concept subs (250W RMS each). I can't quite find what the exact power rating of ...