Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

E3 on Panasonic CQ-DPX40EUC

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
stevodevo
Junior Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 11:46 am

E3 on Panasonic CQ-DPX40EUC

Post by stevodevo »

Hi - first post. I have a panasonic DPX40 that came in a Jeep GC. It recently started spitting out discs with an E3 error. This happened after my wife tried to play a particularly scratched up copied CD.

First off, I can't remove the thing without some kind of 'dismounting plate' that appears to be missing. It looks like a notched metal tab from the diagram in the manual. I've contacted panasonic about ordering one but are there other methods for removing this particular unit?

Also, the manual says to reset an E3 error, you disconnect the fuse on the yellow battery lead. Where is that exactly? Would that be a fuse in the general fuse box or is there an inline fuse on these somewhere? Do I even have to remove the unit to do this?

I tried removing fuses in the fuse box with the key 'on' until the display blanked out. But even when I pulled one that shut off the CD display it didn't reset the error.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks.
falkenbd
Senior Member
Posts: 932
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Post by falkenbd »

The yellow battery lead is probably behind the CD player, and it probably isn't fused in the fuse box.
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

Hey Steve, just disconnect the ground on your car battery for a couple min. That will do the same thing as removing the fuse.
stevodevo
Junior Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 11:46 am

Post by stevodevo »

Hey thanks for the responses... yeah that's what I would have thought (about the neg post on the battery). I've done that but the unit still wants to spin a few times (the motor runs like it's trying to pull in a disc then it will run like it is ejecting a disc).

According to Panasonic they don't make the tool to remove the unit anymore?? They have a parts list you can order from with almost every piece that makes up the unit except the removal tool! Nice.

I wonder how I'm supposed to remove this thing...
Post Reply