Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Pioneer or kenwood

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
alucke
Junior Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:17 pm
Contact:

Pioneer or kenwood

Post by alucke »

I am in the market for a new navigation receiver. I am looking the Kenwood excelon dnx891hd or the pioneer avic7000nex. The Kenwood has 4 1/2 stars, 5 volt preamp outputs, the pioneer has 5 stars and 4 volt preamp outputs. Which one is better? Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
spinningbull
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Pioneer or kenwood

Post by spinningbull »

Im looking at the same ones, plus the pioneer 8000. Im installing them in a yukon xl denali, so dual zone (rear) is important. Would love to hear others opinions...


Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Re: Pioneer or kenwood

Post by Chris from Washington »

I was actually looking at the Pionneers a while back, not sure if they changed them or not.
but what I didn't like was that they didn't use a capacitive screen on them. Looks like you need to go to the 8000 for that.

For a 1200 unit, it should have a better screen.
alucke
Junior Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Pioneer or kenwood

Post by alucke »

Think I will stick with kenwood

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
alucke
Junior Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Pioneer or kenwood

Post by alucke »

I broke down and got a Kenwood excelon dnx691hd. Installed it in my 2008 dodge grand caravan sxt 4.0 minivan. Everything works great on it. I like the new streamlined GUI, I don't use the HDMI/mhl input. I love the new nav GUI, it 100% easier to use. I would recommend the excelon dnx691hd. Even the startup time is faster than the previous Kenwood excelon units.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Post Reply