Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Looking for a cheap entry Amp
Looking for a cheap entry Amp
Now that I have some money, I'd like to further advance on my car audio setup. Right now, I have an Alpine 9830 Deck, Kappa 62.5i in the front, and Pioneer TS-A6970R's in the rear. I didn't have much choice on the rears, not much would fit on my car (95 Camry) without modification.
Anyway, I am now looking for an amp to power it all, since my deck can only output 18w RMS. What's good to get for $100-150 bucks? I found some Profile and MA amps for cheap, considering their RMS wattage (80x4), but I have read that they are bad. But are they bad for audiophiles, or bad in general? Would I even notice a difference?
My future plans don't include an extra amp+sub, right now I just want the basic 4 speaker setup, maybe making the rears mono+using a low pass filter.
Anyway, I am now looking for an amp to power it all, since my deck can only output 18w RMS. What's good to get for $100-150 bucks? I found some Profile and MA amps for cheap, considering their RMS wattage (80x4), but I have read that they are bad. But are they bad for audiophiles, or bad in general? Would I even notice a difference?
My future plans don't include an extra amp+sub, right now I just want the basic 4 speaker setup, maybe making the rears mono+using a low pass filter.
i definetly would not reccomend buying a cheap amp for 100-200$...there's numerous reasons, not only is it less reliable because you most likely aren't going to find a decent 80wrmsx4channel amp for that (new that is) for that price, but you will notice a sound difference between a profile or legacy amp vs. a us amp or arc audio amp.aggybong wrote:Now that I have some money, I'd like to further advance on my car audio setup. Right now, I have an Alpine 9830 Deck, Kappa 62.5i in the front, and Pioneer TS-A6970R's in the rear. I didn't have much choice on the rears, not much would fit on my car (95 Camry) without modification.
Anyway, I am now looking for an amp to power it all, since my deck can only output 18w RMS. What's good to get for $100-150 bucks? I found some Profile and MA amps for cheap, considering their RMS wattage (80x4), but I have read that they are bad. But are they bad for audiophiles, or bad in general? Would I even notice a difference?
My future plans don't include an extra amp+sub, right now I just want the basic 4 speaker setup, maybe making the rears mono+using a low pass filter.
Just save up and buy once. You know the saying measure twice, cut once? Well think of it same with car audio, save up twice, buy once :)
theres quite a few classes (by classes i dont mean class A/B, class D, I mean brands quality)ill name jsut a couple
for high end you have (500$+)- xtant, zapco, us amps, mcintosh, arc audio
good (300-500$)- jl, kicker, mtx
decent (300$ish)- phoenix gold, jbl
prices of course are just averages... just trying to give you an idea.anyways for amps 100-150$? I really wouldnt waste your time/money on that...just save up, it's an expensive hobby.
-
Justin from Detroit1
- Junior Member
- Posts: 0
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
- Location: Detroit
It would definetely do you some good to save up extra money. If you buy a 150-200 amp you might not notice too much of difference switching from your head unit, honestly. Save up a little more. The amplifier to run the interior speakers is a VERY important part of a nice audio setup. Don't go cheap on it.
Well, I honestly don't want to spend above $200 for an amp. I am NOT looking for audiophile quality sound. To be honest, I like how it sounds now, I just want it to go louder. Anyway, I've seen used Alpine 40x4 amps for $100, which I'm guessing is at least decent, so finding a better one for $150-200 shouldn't be too hard.
-
Justin from Detroit1
- Junior Member
- Posts: 0
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
- Location: Detroit
-
Justin from Detroit1
- Junior Member
- Posts: 0
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
- Location: Detroit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 45208&rd=1
Better amp, better deal. Go with this one over the Phoenix.
Better amp, better deal. Go with this one over the Phoenix.
- William from NOLA
- Posts: 5172
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Metairie, LA
- Contact: