Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Help with Orion 2500D

All questions related to amplifier installation and troubleshooting.
Livinloud
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:51 pm
Location: Illinois

Help with Orion 2500D

Post by Livinloud »

I just recently bought a Orion 2500D since my Kicker 1200.1 gave out on me for the second time.

I have a DD 9512e tuned to 45 Hertz. I have the Orion hooked up now and it is no where near what the 1200.1 could do.

Ive never messed with a High Pass Filter (thats the SSF right?). What should I have that set at?

And the Low pass filter?

Also since Im trying to run it @ 1ohm shouldnt I use the outside negative and positive speaker terminals.

The amp also has a option for the gain which is either master or copy...which one should I use on that?

And then What about the 12-24-Full switch?

I didn't receive a Owners manual since I bought it refurbed from Ikesound.

Thanks for anybody help.
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

turn the high pass filter off and put the low pass filter on. the amp should have where to bridge marked on the side or in the manual. the master copy is for strapping the amps unless you have more than one leave it on master. match the gain to the pre out voltage of your head unit. correct me if im wrong on any of this stuff o great and powerful stereo gods! (mhmm ryan, justin, kiki, terry or devin.)
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Set it on LPF

Set the LPF to about 80-90Hz

Set the SSF (sub sonic filter) to about 30 Hz

Set the gain to 3/4 way

Set it to 12 dB roll off for starters...

That should get you started...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

isnt 30 hz setting on the ssf kinda low for a box tuned that high??? just wondering not questioning you at all oh great one!!! :bow
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Livinloud
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:51 pm
Location: Illinois

Post by Livinloud »

I think I have it right this time, but wouldn't you think the output would be more than the Kicker 1200.1?
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Depends on the Ohm load and if you have it wired right.

Cant you download a manual online?
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Livinloud
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:51 pm
Location: Illinois

Post by Livinloud »

Ryan from Ohio wrote:Depends on the Ohm load and if you have it wired right.

Cant you download a manual online?
Well I finally download the manual and got it to open.

It says that the speaker terminals are paralled inside the amp. I'm guessin that it doesnt matter which ones you use then?

Well I still dont understand this amp. Maybe I should just return it and get my 1200.1 fixed again.
Livinloud
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:51 pm
Location: Illinois

Post by Livinloud »

Bwcad1 wrote:turn the high pass filter off and put the low pass filter on. the amp should have where to bridge marked on the side or in the manual. the master copy is for strapping the amps unless you have more than one leave it on master. match the gain to the pre out voltage of your head unit. correct me if im wrong on any of this stuff o great and powerful stereo gods! (mhmm ryan, justin, kiki, terry or devin.)

I cant turn the high pass filter off because that is the SSF.
Ryan from Ohio wrote:Depends on the Ohm load and if you have it wired right.

Cant you download a manual online?
Well I finally download the manual and got it to open.

It says that the speaker terminals are paralled inside the amp. I'm guessin that it doesnt matter which ones you use then?

Well I still dont understand this amp. Maybe I should just return it and get my 1200.1 fixed again.
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

LPF @ 60Hz
SSF @ 45Hz
wire the coils in parallel and use one set of speaker terminals only on the amplifier.
see how it does.
make sure gain is set properly.
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
Livinloud
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:51 pm
Location: Illinois

Post by Livinloud »

KikiTheCat wrote:LPF @ 60Hz
SSF @ 45Hz
wire the coils in parallel and use one set of speaker terminals only on the amplifier.
see how it does.
make sure gain is set properly.
I got my sub wired positive to positive with 1 wire coming out of the box into the terminals on the amp and the same with the negative.

My sub still sounded better and was louder with my Kicker amp.

I dont get it.
Post Reply